Alaska Land Tour Agenda - Norwegian Jewel, August 2022

swendle

We found it extremely hard to find much information about the daily agenda for the land tour portion of our Denali Talkeetna Cruisetour.  Things to note for the land portion - meals are not included (only a couple of snacks), and there is very little information provided about where to eat.  Wonderful sights!

Scan_20220913.jpg

Scan_20220913 (2).jpg

Scan_20220913 (3).jpg

• 2 months later...

I know everything is subject to change but it gave me an idea of where we might stay and an overview of what to expect.  I knew meals would not be provided and see the hotels have restaurants.  I can now look into the area and see what is within walking distance with our freetime we plan on exploring 

8 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

People planning to visit Denali should be aware that most of the single road through the national park is expected to remain closed at least until 2024.  Just a heads up.

I had read this and it is unfortunate because this is my DH's bucketlist #1.  I let him know and he is ok as long as he can spend some time in Alaska.

If you are interested in a bus tour inside the park, I remember that reservations open on January 1st and sell out pretty quickly on the Denali N.P. website.  Since you have been reading/planning you likely know that already but it is another good "heads up" for those who don't.  Bus tours will be limited to the first 20 miles of road for now but they are the only game in town since you cannot drive private cars into Denali during the summer season.  I researched a cruise plus a 3 week trip using the Alaska Rail Road, car rental and a couple of ferries just before the landslide and covid hit.  We are going to wait for the road to open fully so we can do everything I planned.  We rarely go to the same place twice so there is no "next time". 

• Like 1