Pre-Cruise Hotel Stay Questions

tuitionowed

Hello Cruisers.  We are flying from Northeast America to Venice for our cruise to depart from Trieste.  We'll arrive in Venice in the morning and will be transferred by HAL to the hotel.  Now, here is my timing question...will we have to wait at the hotel until their check-in time?  Should I plan on leaving the luggage with the luggage hold?  Secondly, when we are picked up in the morning to go to Trieste (its a long drive there) will we be departing early in the morning?  Will we have any spare time to site see in Giudecca?

Read carefully the description.  My South American itinerary says early checkin will be available as we arrive from an overnight flight very early in the morning.  Also check and see if they are handling the luggage, that might require a call.  Otherwise use the hotel secure luggage hold. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tuitionowed said:

Hello Cruisers.  We are flying from Northeast America to Venice for our cruise to depart from Trieste.  We'll arrive in Venice in the morning and will be transferred by HAL to the hotel.  Now, here is my timing question...will we have to wait at the hotel until their check-in time?  Should I plan on leaving the luggage with the luggage hold?  Secondly, when we are picked up in the morning to go to Trieste (its a long drive there) will we be departing early in the morning?  Will we have any spare time to site see in Giudecca?

Venice hotels are not great with early check-in as they are so busy.  You will be able to store your luggage and then go sight seeing for a few hours.

This season the buses from Venice to Tieste departed at 11 am from the Tronchetto area of Venice, so you will not have any time in the morning of departure unless you are a real early riser.