Laundries

ClefsDor

Yes, I know a silly thing to be thinking about at this stage but it does appear odd that according to the deck plans there are only 2 guest laundries - one on deck 10 and the other on deck 11. I'm hoping the deck plans are not accurate and that they have a guest laundry on each passenger deck. Seabourn made the mistake of only having one laundry when they launched Encore and they soon had to make modifications and increase the amount. Would save a lot of time and money to just put enough in now.

If you have a residence suite, you shouldn’t have to worry about the location of the laundry room since laundry,  dry-cleaning and ironing are all included in the price of your cruise. If you have a penthouse suite, you’ll receive 1 bag of laundry per person during the cruise. Lastly, if you have a standard suite you get 1 bag of laundry per suite during your cruise. Hopefully, this will help a little.

I agree with you in that there should be a laundry room on all decks with suites.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 8:10 PM, sasejm said:

If you have a residence suite, you shouldn’t have to worry about the location of the laundry room since laundry,  dry-cleaning and ironing are all included in the price of your cruise. If you have a penthouse suite, you’ll receive 1 bag of laundry per person during the cruise. Lastly, if you have a standard suite you get 1 bag of laundry per suite during your cruise. Hopefully, this will help a little.

I agree with you in that there should be a laundry room on all decks with suites.

This is great info since I have a penthouse. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ajouni said:

We’ve booked a 30 day cruise and according to the website, included laundry is limited to 1 bag per passenger.  How is this sufficient for a 30 day cruise?

If you haven’t already contacted Explora Journeys for confirmation, I would definitely call them or email them and get clarification. If you are on a back-to-back cruise, you might get 1 bag per segment. You might find you are on more than one segment.

20 hours ago, sasejm said:

If you haven’t already contacted Explora Journeys for confirmation, I would definitely call them or email them and get clarification. If you are on a back-to-back cruise, you might get 1 bag per segment. You might find you are on more than one segment.

Thank you. I will follow your advice. 

• 8 months later...

2 guest laundries, 2 washers + 2 dryers in each.  No instruction and no explanation to the symbols on the buttons.  Dryers are ventless so there is a drawer that needs to be emptied that fills with the water being extracted.  Not user friendly for short passengers.

The instruction manuals are “hidden” in the back of the left side lower cabinet. Be careful bending down to retrieve that someone in a hurry to enter doesn’t see you and opens the door onto you. 

• Like 1

easy or not... to get access to W/D?  also TER777 you replied to my inquiry of you about the bed being a set of twins that are combined... are you in a cabin labeled "T" at EJ website deck plan? ...   (CC says i may not have access to your.      response post.)  just want to know if your suite was labeled 'twin'... i am in OT3 on deck 8 and am thinking some posters may have misunderstood why they are labeled T... it may be that in cabins labeled D for double, it is a single bed... not appropriate for non-couple sharers.  but T, usable for 'sharets'...  can be reconfigured into one bed.  is this your understanding?

easy or not... to get access to W/D?  also TER777 you replied to my inquiry of you about the bed being a set of twins that are combined... are you in a cabin labeled "T" at EJ website deck plan? ...   (CC says i may not have access to your.      response post.)  just want to know if your suite was labeled 'twin'... i am in OT3 on deck 8 and am thinking some posters may have misunderstood why they are labeled T... it may be that in cabins labeled D for double, it is a single bed... not appropriate for non-couple sharers.  but T, usable for 'sharets'...  can be reconfigured into one bed.  is this your understanding?

25 minutes ago, scholarly said:

I’m no longer on board but just looked at the deck plan. OT3. Definitely a T. Can be combined into one king or separated into two twins. 

On 9/17/2022 at 8:10 PM, sasejm said:

I have a cove residence suite and I am grateful that my laundry and dry cleaning are included with the price of the suite.  Do I just leave the bag on the floor by the door, or call to have the items picked up?

On 8/26/2023 at 7:10 AM, TER777 said:

The instruction manuals are “hidden” in the back of the left side lower cabinet. Be careful bending down to retrieve that someone in a hurry to enter doesn’t see you and opens the door onto you. 

Was there a place to hang garments after being pressed? Trying to see how many pieces I can press at one time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dolls123 said:

Was there a place to hang garments after being pressed? Trying to see how many pieces I can press at one time. 

I think so but am too jet lagged to be 100% certain of my recollection. Perhaps someone currently on board can answer.