Car service from Northern VA to Port of Baltimore?

alex_drew

Husband and I are now at a point where we are no longer going to drive the hour (well, last time it was 1-1/2 hours and was a total nightmare!) from Northern VA to the Port of Baltimore for our cruises.  Anyone have a reliable car service (not Uber) that you can recommend?  Uber used to be great, but since Covid, I've not had very reliable service so would rather book a regular car service to deliver us to B'more and be there to pick us up when we return.  I realize this is a long shot since most people will drive to the port, but thought it was worth asking here!  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

I haven't made that trip, but I'm pretty much doing Uber these days when I don't drive. There are limo services, mostly based out of DC, but I haven't had much experience with them, or much luck when I tried them in the past.

NoVA is a pretty big place, and arguably getting bigger. Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax County, Prince William County? You almost have to put Fredericksburg to the south and Loudon to the west into NoVA. Big range of possibilities. But the options haven't been great...

1 hour ago, alex_drew said:

I realize this is a long shot since most people will drive to the port, but thought it was worth asking here!  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Download an app called Blacklane-- its a step up from Uber but it's also more expensive. Lets you schedule in advance. 

On 9/18/2022 at 12:27 AM, princeton123211 said:

Download an app called Blacklane-- its a step up from Uber but it's also more expensive. Lets you schedule in advance. 

I'll have to keep them in mind next time I'm headed to the airport. They sound interesting.

I have been using Girlie Transportation. She was featured on Channel 5 earlier this year and has been wonderful.  I would reach out to her to see if she has any availability.  Her name is LaKeeMora Orphe and her email is girlietransportation@gmail.com

Thank you.  I have made tentative reservations with another company but they are waiting for definite pick-up times prior to sending me confirmations.  If this company doesn't work out I will reach out to Girlie Transportation.  In any event, I will keep this information for future use.  Thank you again!