New Years Eve on NCL cruise

wildcats40

We'll be cruising on New Years Eve and wondered who has done a New Years cruise before and what was special about it?  Are Christmas decorations still up?  Do people dress more formally this night?  I'm sure there is a big party at midnight.  Hopefully we can manage to stay awake since we'll be changing time zones from the east coast!    

I have done ONE New Year's Eve cruise and for me that is enough.  It was very expensive compared to other weeks and very crowded.

Yes, Christmas decorations were still up.  People did dress more formally with large parties all over the ship at midnight.

• Thanks 1

New Years Eve was so much fun on the Gem a few years back. We were in the Bliss lounge and they gave out free champagne. The tv's had Fox News on in Times Square and we did the countdown to that. In the atrium, there was a big balloon drop. Everyone was in a festive mood. I am ready to book another NY Eve cruise in the future. 

• Like 1

Was on the Escape last year and left St Thomas about 4pm on NYE.

Later on, we were in the District Brewhouse and being from the UK we had a countdown at 8pm (midnight back home).

Then we realised the large party on the next table were also checking their watches and were obviously also from the UK. It was nice to raise a glass to everyone before the messages started flying in from back home.

The ship was well decorated right through till NY and a great atmosphere on board.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, www3traveler said:

I have done ONE New Year's Eve cruise and for me that is enough.  It was very expensive compared to other weeks and very crowded.

Yes, Christmas decorations were still up.  People did dress more formally with large parties all over the ship at midnight.

Agreed!   We are one and done for that time period.  We were on the Escape during their first NYE sailing.  

• Thanks 1