Flight from Vancouver back to U.S. is YVR still having delays?

vermonter16

We have an 8:40am flight tomorrow back to the States and I was just reading about backups and long security lines.  Has anyone flown recently and had an experience with this?  Was going to leave to be there 2 hours early but I am thinking now the normal 3...I guess better to be safe than sorry?  

Yes, I do know about U.S. customs and actually just downloaded the new app for that (CPB MPC).  Been through several times but not since 2019.  Then when I was doing a search today, they said delays have been unusually high.  I hate to be at the airport for so long when we have a 5 hour layover in Denver....but I guess we will stick with the 3 hours'ish'.

• 3 months later...
On 1/6/2023 at 2:24 PM, DEBCAT65 said:

Will the process take less time if we have the US Global Entry clearance?

Further to Bruce's reply - bring your physical cards! Most folks seem to rely on the passport linkage, which flags your Trusted Traveler status to TSA by printing it on the boarding passes... TSA do not operate here! CATSA, the Canadian equivalent, need to see your actual GE ID Card - there's a person stationed at the doorway who won't let you through without the cards as they only perform a visual check at that point, no passport swipe.

If you're on a RT cruise, you can also use GE to expedite your pier preclearance - as you are re-entering US jurisdiction. No benefit when flying in to YVR though, only NEXUS gets that benefit.