Ports were swapped, when do shore excursions become available?

MINIroadster

We are on that cruise as well.  Originally, the Rotterdam was scheduled to be in St. Kitts from 8:00 until 5:00 and we booked the Nevis Shore Ex leaving at 9:00 for 6 hours.  Now St. Kitts will be from 7:00 until 3:00 so I assume we'll wind up rising early to catch that one.

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

HAL may just transfer the Shore Ex to the new date for Ship's Excursions. 

Did you receive a Cancellation Notice for the Shore Ex?

"May" is the key word. I wouldn't automatically expect every tour that was offered for the original port stop is absolutely going to be available for the new port stop.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

HAL may just transfer the Shore Ex to the new date for Ship's Excursions. 

Did you receive a Cancellation Notice for the Shore Ex?

Oh, that is good news! We did not receive a cancellation and in our summary on the website it shows our excursions still but on the wrong port. Thank you!

1 hour ago, soxfan1 said:

We are on that cruise as well.  Originally, the Rotterdam was scheduled to be in St. Kitts from 8:00 until 5:00 and we booked the Nevis Shore Ex leaving at 9:00 for 6 hours.  Now St. Kitts will be from 7:00 until 3:00 so I assume we'll wind up rising early to catch that one.

We booked this excursion as well. I was looking forward to it especially. Crossing fingers we can still do this one! 

14 hours ago, MINIroadster said:

St. Kitts and St. Thomas were switched on our upcoming cruise. We had previously booked ship’s excursions for both ports. Now when I look for excursions it shows there are none available to book. How long does it take for them to show up again? 

My entire itinerary was reversed last year in the Caribbean and all HAL shore excursions were automatically updated.  Those with private excursions were really upset.

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 1

How it is handled is ultimately the responsibility of the Shorex manager on the ship.  I met a really doozy this past year and you couldn’t rebook excursions until onboard.  It was a real bother and I complained directly to her and to HAL.  There was no reason not to reassign those who had paid if possible. 

• Thanks 1