Apex Cabana Questions

NorthStarStateCruiser

This was a very specific question, so I wasn't expecting anyone to know the answer. I reached out to Celebrity on Facebook and they contacted the ship. Word is that it's a 1 liter bottle of Grey Goose and can be taken back to the cabin if you'd like. I also asked whether I could swap the bottle with Jameson and they said they could do that as well.

I was mostly curious about this because I'm not purchasing the beverage package and the price of the cabana with these inclusions makes it pretty worthwhile considering you'd pay around the same price for the liquor and beer by itself. The lunch, waters, and designated space and service is just a bonus.

• Like 1

I found it on the cruise planner under the dining section.  

Question for those that have booked these before. It says maximum of 4 people for the full cabana. Do they strictly enforce that?

We have 5 in our group, so I am not sure if they just say that because there are only 4 places to sit or if they don’t care. 

I wouldn’t think they would care because it’s just a paid for place to sit so why should they care. 

1 minute ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Sounds fun! Where can I pre-book the cabana?

They are available to reserve in the Dining page of the cruise planner. A 2 person cabana is $150 and a 4 person is $300. Be aware that the location of the cabanas on Edge and Apex is on deck 14 but they face the ocean and the Magic Carpet and a busier walkway rather than the pool. My wife and I like people watching, so no biggie. Having a reserved spot on the pool deck on a sea day sounds nice to us. Hopefully the Magic Carpet is on deck 16 on that day so we can get a better ocean view.

I found it on the cruise planner under the dining section.  

Question for those that have booked these before. It says maximum of 4 people for the full cabana. Do they strictly enforce that?

We have 5 in our group, so I am not sure if they just say that because there are only 4 places to sit or if they don’t care. 

I wouldn’t think they would care because it’s just a paid for place to sit so why should they care. 

I watched a video that showed a family of like 7 in the 4 person cabana. I don't think they would mind accommodating 5.

• Like 1

Yeah, they don't have the cruise planner configured properly for this.  The language stated there is applicable to specialty dining, not the cabanas. If you go into the app for your sailing and go to dining, there's a tab called "Special Offers" where you can see the menu which lists all the inclusions. Here's what you can see in the app.Screenshot_20220926-205326_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.38e115f976d6c1292ba1a643e6b1a55d.jpg

Found it in the app. Side note: they sure make this stuff so hard to find. 

D06FC040-6AE7-4481-A793-CFB663692FB6.thumb.png.221969cf4218ef3331b20744c3ea1d09.png

LOL, you beat me to it. I think the fact that they don't display this in the cruise planner detracts people from reserving the cabanas. People might think it's merely a reserved spot, nothing else.

• Like 1

Have you seen photos of the cabanas?  There are some if you google Apex  cabana pictures.  The half cabana is a L shaped couch and a cushioned bench with minimal space to more around.  You asked about having 5 it would be a tight fit, with very little leg room.  

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Have you seen photos of the cabanas?  There are some if you google Apex  cabana pictures.  The half cabana is a L shaped couch and a cushioned bench with minimal space to more around.  You asked about having 5 it would be a tight fit, with very little leg room.  

The 4 person cabanas are quite roomy for 4 people

CelDec-44284-1629830746.webp

Agreed that the 2 person cabana is a little tight, but for 2 people, it seems fine.

CelDec-12025-1629830775.webp

Here's one of the 4 person cabanas on the end.

CelDec-64996-1629830847.webp

Edited by NorthStarStateCruiser

The bottles are 1 liter bottles.  To help put value on it.  If you buy the Grey Goose 1 Liter as a Bar setup the cost is $120.    On the other hand the price in the Duty Free is 2 Liter Bottles for $60 but you can't drink in on board and delivered to you at the end of the cruise.  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

Problem with the cabana on the Edge class ships, is that they aren't private- they are located in a public busy hallway.  I felt like a caged animal with people walking by looking in at me.  As a suite guest, you have plenty of seating on the retreat deck.  But I guess some people enjoy the experience, especially if non suite guests.

• Like 1