Included Excursions

Serendiptydesign

53 minutes ago, Serendiptydesign said:

thanks, we obviously have similar minds, because I was thinking mornings as well.

Most people seem to want the early tours, for the chance to spend as much time in port as possible.  One time, we had no choice but to schedule afternoon because the mornings were all booked. We discovered that afternoon version had its good points too. Sleeping in a bit and then not having to rush through breakfast is nice on a vacation once in a while!

Sometimes we schedule afternoon tours if the port is not quite as important to us as others on the cruise. Morning or afternoon choices can also be helpful when temperatures might be an issue. 

Hope you are able to book just what you want!

Edited by lackcreativity
  • Like 1

I may as well jump in here. This is my first Viking tour and I put a lot of thought into the times etc. For 2 days we are on excursion 7hrs in Naples one day and 10 hrs in Rome the next. So for the port of Florence I decided to book the included afternoon tour from 2-4. I think this is a smart move as it will give us a chance to recharge. So my advice would be to look at the big picture and how one day relates to the days around it. 

Kind Regards

J

• Like 3

Almost everyone wants to do morning excursions and we found afternoon tours to have less people.  Comfort stops are shorter, bus has less people, group around the guide is smaller.  They are our choice unless there are two excursions we want to do in a day.  We can linger over coffee and breakfast, get a massage, walk the promenade deck and generally enjoy an empty ship.

• Like 1

We have also found that it depends on the how many ships are in port and going to the same places. Popular places  are frequently mobbed between 9 and 10 and quieter later in the day. Also look at the drive time from the port. 

• Like 1