The Migration Continues

arxcards

2 hours ago, Mikamarii said:

We are on ovation right now. Left Papeete last night and heading to NZ. Amazing cruise so far. 

As for the vaccination rules and kids the issue or ceuise faced was that the rules were 12+ double vaxxed. About 3 weeks before the cruise they changed it to 5+ not leaving enough time for families to get their kids double vaxxed in time. Both our kids were already vaxxed so didnt affect us but i know a couple families complained on my wifes fb group. Not sure how many families it affected. 

Anyway. Excited for the coming ports and spending a month in Aus but also dont want this cruise to end!

Sounds great. Ovation is a lovely ship and how exciting having a month to explore Aus. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Hope you don't mind me asking if there has been any mention of covid onboard.

1 hour ago, JohnGc said:

Sounds great. Ovation is a lovely ship and how exciting having a month to explore Aus. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Hope you don't mind me asking if there has been any mention of covid onboard.

No mention of Covid. 

I heard there was a couple positive cases on the Van-HI leg that weren’t allowed to continue on but that is only rumour. 

I overheard one lady on one of our tenders saying she wasn’t feeling well a couple nights ago, tested neg, then went to a shop to find some cold meds. When she asked she was sent to medical where they tested her again, neg, had her isolate for 24hrs, then test again. She was neg a third time and allowed to leave. 

as far as masks go mostly dining staff only wearing. Very few other staff members wearing.  Guests would be less than 1%. Not a scientific pole just observation. Maybe saw one or two guests wearing.  The non mask doesn’t bother me at all. What bothers me is how many people don’t wash their hands!! But that’s always been a thing. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Majestic has arrived to a 2 person welcoming party at the Opera House.

BTW, happy 50th birthday to the Opera House. She has seen many ships come & go.

20221020_052116.thumb.jpg.e41510c45c6f4e9bd257c2ca026366ff.jpg

Were you the welcoming party?

the new Opera House Concert Hall acoustics are world class.

Carnival Splendor ✔️

Majestic Princess ✔️

Celebrity Eclipse ✔️

Ovation of the Seas ✔️

Carnival Luminosa ✔️ we were hoping to see her from the decks of Majestic Princess while crossing in Moreton Bay on 29th October. Alas, they had a diversion in Indonesia, and delayed their scheduled arrival into Brisbane until 30th October. She is preparing for her inaugural cruise from Brisbane on Sunday.

Quantum of the Seas ✔️

Grand Princess ✔️well, sort of a tick. She has arrived to Australia, but has just departed for her home port of Melbourne, due there on Friday

Queen Elizabeth one more Asian stop to come in Benoa, then headed for the West Coast, arriving in Fremantle on 7th November

Westerdam almost a tick. Quite an itinerary for a transpacific. She arrives in Australia tomorrow, with a port stop in Cairns. With Airlie Beach to follow, she will be Sydney bound, arriving on 8th November.

1913040928_download(43).thumb.png.448638a323e5ef6f6c324b403cbb9d42.png

Noordam has now departed Nukualofa, Tonga. Next stop is Norfolk Island, then Brisbane on 9th November and finally into Sydney on 12th November.

Norwegian Spirit is still some time away, currently having a fun time cruising around Tahiti. Arrives in Sydney on 21st December.

• Like 2

Carnival Splendor ✔️

Majestic Princess ✔️

Celebrity Eclipse ✔️

Ovation of the Seas ✔️

Carnival Luminosa ✔️ 

Quantum of the Seas ✔️

Grand Princess ✔️

Queen Elizabeth ✔️

Westerdam ✔️

Noordam ✔️ arrived in Brisbane today, a day earlier than originally scheduled. Now a slow cruise down to Sydney for 12th November.

Norwegian Spirit is still some time away, currently having a fun time cruising around Tahiti. Arrives in Sydney on 21st December.

With a further six weeks till Spirit's arrival, it is fair to say our summer season is pretty much in full swing - my last update.

5 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

I know it was your last update but I would like to add Oceania Regatta to the list as we will be boarding her on 12th December.

So looking forward to visiting Sydney/Australia again, 35 days circumnavigation!
Rosalyn

Cool. I will keep an eye out on movements. I had mentioned early-on that I was only keen to track the big ones, but she is a ship I would love to be on one day.

1028676932_download(21).thumb.png.cea4ae6f8a372382aebf40bfe5ff5d5d.png

13 hours ago, arxcards said:

Carnival Splendor ✔️

Majestic Princess ✔️

Celebrity Eclipse ✔️

Ovation of the Seas ✔️

Carnival Luminosa ✔️ 

Quantum of the Seas ✔️

Grand Princess ✔️

Queen Elizabeth ✔️

Westerdam ✔️

Noordam ✔️ arrived in Brisbane today, a day earlier than originally scheduled. Now a slow cruise down to Sydney for 12th November.

With a further six weeks till Spirit's arrival, it is fair to say our summer season is pretty much in full swing - my last update.

Thank you for your impressive list.  I was just thinking how many more are due to come.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Carnival Splendor ✔️

Majestic Princess ✔️

Celebrity Eclipse ✔️

Ovation of the Seas ✔️

Carnival Luminosa ✔️ 

Quantum of the Seas ✔️

Grand Princess ✔️

Queen Elizabeth ✔️

Westerdam ✔️

Noordam ✔️ 

Norwegian Spirit ✔️ is currently off Sydney Heads, on time for an 11am arrival at White Bay.

Also a few smaller ships getting about and just a few larger ones to call for a day here and there on the world cruises. 

Migration complete.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

Carnival Splendor ✔️

Majestic Princess ✔️

Celebrity Eclipse ✔️

Ovation of the Seas ✔️

Carnival Luminosa ✔️ 

Quantum of the Seas ✔️

Grand Princess ✔️

Queen Elizabeth ✔️

Westerdam ✔️

Noordam ✔️ 

Norwegian Spirit ✔️ is currently off Sydney Heads, on time for an 11am arrival at White Bay.

Also a few smaller ships getting about and just a few larger ones to call for a day here and there on the world cruises. 

Migration complete.

do they all leave about the same time?

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

do they all leave about the same time?

More or less, chasing the northern hemisphere summer, and the peak fares that go with it.

Most of them leave late March into April. Splendor stays, and I think Westerdam departs a bit earlier than the others.

34 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Most of them leave late March into April. Splendor stays, and I think Westerdam departs a bit earlier than the others.

Yep, Westerdam departs Sydney on Jan 3 for Singapore - but she wasn't really meant to be here in the first place ...

• Like 1