Navigator App Doesn't Like LG Smart Phones

Beejay4016

Hi all. I'm hoping somebody can help me. I have a Samsung smart phone and had no problem installing the Navigator app. However, my husband has an LG phone and he gets a message saying Navigator isn't compatible with his phone. Have other people had problems with phones that aren't either Apple or Samsung? Seems so strange. Any suggestions would be welcome.

3 minutes ago, Beejay4016 said:

Hi all. I'm hoping somebody can help me. I have a Samsung smart phone and had no problem installing the Navigator app. However, my husband has an LG phone and he gets a message saying Navigator isn't compatible with his phone. Have other people had problems with phones that aren't either Apple or Samsung? Seems so strange. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Only time I've seen that on an Android is when I've rooted it / replaced the image. Random applications decide your phone is incompatible after.

11 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

My guess is the LG is too old and the app is no longer compatible.

His phone is less than 2 years old. For business reasons it is a twin-SIM model, but I can't see that causing an issue. I might end up contacting Android regarding the issue. Cheers, Bev

10 hours ago, secondtime said:

I can access Navigator on my LGK8S phone.  It did seem to take forever for it to load but now works fine.

Ah, that's good to know - the problem isn't just with LG phones. He loves his LGs while I'm a Samsung girl. We''re the same with cars - he's a Nissan man, and I love my Toyota. Thankfully, we both love HAL. Cheers, Bev

7 hours ago, Beejay4016 said:

His phone is less than 2 years old. For business reasons it is a twin-SIM model, but I can't see that causing an issue. I might end up contacting Android regarding the issue. Cheers, Bev

What version of Android is running on it? That will determine compatibility. 

• Like 2

Thank you all for your responses; it's very much appreciated. It's just a mystery. His phone is not an old one, and he is running the latest version of Android. I have emailed the Navigator people, so hopefully they can offer some solution. At least we have it working fine on my phone so we'll be okay. Cheers, Bev