Port Everglades B2B Question

holech

I’m doing a B2B on 2 different cruise lines in Port Everglades. If the walk between piers is too far, especially with luggage in tow, is Uber or taxi the best for this move?  I’ll give a bigger tip for this relatively short distance.

Port Everglades is strict at the entry points. Before Covid our Uber could only enter with a waybill (confirmed passengers) for our pickup. They were not sitting at the terminals waiting for rides. 

if this is still true (hopefully someone here has recent rideshare pickup info), then it will be impractical to call a rideshare to drive into the port just to transfer you a short distance.

so my vote is to grab a taxi since they ARE waiting at the terminal. Let’s see what others say! 

Depending on what time you disembark, and your check in times, you might want to tell the taxi that you want to drop off your bags at the ship, then plan something fun while you're there. It's not fun to sit at the terminal for hours between cruises.

14 hours ago, CaliforniaAC said:

It's not fun to sit at the terminal for hours between cruises.

My idea of "fun" may be different than yours.  I enjoy people watching.  If one leaves the first ship as late as possible, the time for check-in and embarkation shouldn't be too long for a person.