Refund for cancelled shore excursion?

greeneng

If I book a shore excursion today for an upcoming cruise, and pay with NON-REFUNDABLE On Board Credit, and then decide once on board to cancel that excursion, will the refund be made back to the Non-Refundable credit on my account?

Common sense says: "Yes, of course".  But, experience with RCG has shown that common sense is rarely applied to issues.

Does anyone have recent experience with this?

Thanks for any help,

Jim

Rules for all but "special" excursions (e.g., those that include flights and a few others) is that you can cancel more than 24 hrs before the scheduled start of the excursion for full refund, regardless of how you paid.  Your NR OBC will be returned to your onboard account.

5 minutes ago, greeneng said:

If I book a shore excursion today for an upcoming cruise, and pay with NON-REFUNDABLE On Board Credit, and then decide once on board to cancel that excursion, will the refund be made back to the Non-Refundable credit on my account?

Common sense says: "Yes, of course".  But, experience with RCG has shown that common sense is rarely applied to issues.

Does anyone have recent experience with this?

Thanks for any help,

Jim

You will get it refunded to the OBC you used to pay, but there will be a window in which to cancel, either 1 day or 2 days prior, otherwise you loose the $$.

Yes if you cancel it will go back to original form of payment.    NR OBC to NR OBC and Credit Card to Credit card.    I accidentally hit the wrong button last weekend and an excursion was charge to my credit card instead of NR OBC   I cancelled and saw my refund in 3 days.