Cancel Due to Positive Covid Only Coverage

bronzey214

Hello - we are four people travelling in November for a 7 day cruise. Since the removal of the testing requirements, we are curious now what happens if one person would get sick with covid immediately before our cruise.

It seems like the "default coverage" provided by the cruise line (FCC) would be sufficient - we're flying down but can cancel and receive future credit back.

Due to both of this "default coverage", does it make sense to also purchase travel insurance? After calculating, it would be around $600.

If you are asking this question, it means you have not considered or are not concerned  about any other risk that could cause you to cancel or any other hazard that could impact your trip.

A comprehensive policy will cover a wide array of reasons for cancellation as well as trip delay, trip interruption, or medical emergencies during travel. If you are comfortable accepting the financial consequences for anything beyond what the cruise line is offering - such as flight delays and other unplanned events - don’t buy additional insurance.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I booked a Carnival cruise to Bermuda sailing on July 17, 2022. We had the Insurance via AON that Carnival uses.  My husband and I went to an Urgent Care facility on July 15th to get tested.  I had a sore throat, so the facility tested me for 

Strep witch was Negative, but my Covid test was Positive. I contacted Carnival and they gave me the Insurance Company email address and phone number and Carnival cancelled our cruise. On July 16th I sent the Doctor's verified positive test results with diagnosis. I completed all of the questions including Doctor's names, address' and phone numbers from the Urgent Care and my personal Doctor at home.  AON sent an email stating that it would be 30 days before they can evaluate the claim. Now it has been over 3 months since the sail date and we received another email on October 10, 2022 from AON stating they have a larger volume of claims, and it may take another 30 days to review our claim.  I have already been waiting for over 90 days and getting very angry with the Insurance Company. Our cruise cost was over $3,000.00 and I need a refund! Has anyone ever had this issue with Carnival or AON?

I had a claim and it was about 3 months or more before I received my check. My claim was not with AON.

I did file a complaint with my State Insurance Commissioner after about 3 months.

Having said that, there are many people on cruise critic complaint about delayed claims.