Princess Fail

57eric

49 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

They have Princess as well - keep looking  (Or at least they did not long ago).

Well, shoot. I went back and  looked at every other offer, and I didn't see the Princess cards. Bummer. 🥲

1 hour ago, Fleur25 said:

Well, shoot. I went back and  looked at every other offer, and I didn't see the Princess cards. Bummer. 🥲

They are still there - I just looked.  You have to get to the point where you can see the "See ALL rewards" option since for some reason they are not a members only option.  This is the web page I had - not sure it will come out here:  https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#all_rewards

3 hours ago, Fleur25 said:

Hi bjkTX:

So I finally have a little to investigate your AARP tip. It was not easy to find! LOL!! There's tons of offers. It's a real treasure trove. But here's my question. I found one for Carnival but not one specifically for Princess. Are these the ones you were talking about? Or is there one that specifically says "Princess"?

Thanks so much for your help!

They are still there.  You have to find the "See ALL Rewards" thing to click on - the Princess cards are for anyone not just members - not sure why.  I just looked and this was the page I found them on https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#all_rewards

Hi bjkTX:

So I finally have a little to investigate your AARP tip. It was not easy to find! LOL!! There's tons of offers. It's a real treasure trove. But here's my question. I found one for Carnival but not one specifically for Princess. Are these the ones you were talking about? Or is there one that specifically says "Princess"?

I forgot to add - you cannot use the Carnival cards for Princess - make sure you get the ones that say Princess 🙂

Hi bjkTX:

image.thumb.png.104d93869e45804d7ed6d5fc2757d959.png

I had forgotten about this as well but just went on to the AARP site and purchased Princess gift cards.  It was a few rows below the other cruise lines.

On 11/3/2022 at 5:54 PM, bjkTX said:

They are still there - I just looked.  You have to get to the point where you can see the "See ALL rewards" option since for some reason they are not a members only option.  This is the web page I had - not sure it will come out here:  https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#all_rewards

Thank you! the link was just what I needed. And just to clarify, Princess will accept multiple gift cards for payment? 

12 minutes ago, Fleur25 said:

Thank you! the link was just what I needed. And just to clarify, Princess will accept multiple gift cards for payment? 

We paid for our British Isles cruise in Sep and our cruise over Christmas with the gift cards totally.  I have purchased enough for our 2 week Caribbean cruise in Feb 2024.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

We paid for our British Isles cruise in Sep and our cruise over Christmas with the gift cards totally.  I have purchased enough for our 2 week Caribbean cruise in Feb 2024.

How did the process work? I am thinking about doing what you did, but the thought of thousands of dollars of gift cards that are refused for some reason worries me. Could you walk us step by step if it isn't too much trouble? We have our final payment in a little less than four weeks though a Travel Agent, not directly with Princess. 

Thanks in advance for any assist!!!

Edited by SantaFeFan

5 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Awesome! we just won a bid to a club class mini suite. I'm going to buy the cards tonight and pay for the bid that way! Win win win!! You are amazing. Thanks so much!

Just now, SantaFeFan said:

How did the process work? I am thinking about doing what you did, but the thought of thousands of dollars of gift cards that are refused for some reason worries me. Could you walk us step by step if it isn't too much trouble? 

Thanks in advance for any assist!!!

Understand.  Over the years I have used the gift cards several times - either paying off a balance or the entire cruise.  I use a travel agent and at times I have sent her the card information (the card numbers and pins) and she has kept them on file for final payment - or I have just contacted her and told her to apply them.  On our recent British Isles cruise it was half and half.  On the Christmas cruise we are taking I contacted her just before final payment and gave her all the card info and she applied them.  I don't know if she can input them on the computer or if she has to contact Princess - but either way I get a paid in full receipt in an hour or so after she does it.  There are no expiration dates on the cards - so if something happens and we can't go on the Feb 2024 cruise I have gift cards to pay with - I'll use them at a later date on another cruise.  Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, Fleur25 said:

Awesome! we just won a bid to a club class mini suite. I'm going to buy the cards tonight and pay for the bid that way! Win win win!! You are amazing. Thanks so much!

Congrats!!!  Getting a mini is always a good thing!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Understand.  Over the years I have used the gift cards several times - either paying off a balance or the entire cruise.  I use a travel agent and at times I have sent her the card information (the card numbers and pins) and she has kept them on file for final payment - or I have just contacted her and told her to apply them.  On our recent British Isles cruise it was half and half.  On the Christmas cruise we are taking I contacted her just before final payment and gave her all the card info and she applied them.  I don't know if she can input them on the computer or if she has to contact Princess - but either way I get a paid in full receipt in an hour or so after she does it.  There are no expiration dates on the cards - so if something happens and we can't go on the Feb 2024 cruise I have gift cards to pay with - I'll use them at a later date on another cruise.  Hope this helps.

Thank you! 

• Like 1