Any update on Grand Turk dock repair?

AtSeaWithChris

I'm very glad it's reopened for the locals as the cruise port has to employ the most people but, I don't get the GT love. Been numerous times, cabana at Margaritaville, rented jeeps and drove the island, Jack's...I just don't get the love for the place.

Just now, hard_eight said:

I'm very glad it's reopened for the locals as the cruise port has to employ the most people but, I don't get the GT love. Been numerous times, cabana at Margaritaville, rented jeeps and drove the island, Jack's...I just don't get the love for the place.

Different strokes for different folks.  I will happily spend a whole day at Jack's every chance I get and still want to do it again and again.  But, I get it, there are many popular cruise port locations (such as any Margaritaville) that do absolutely nothing for me and are just a place to keep a bunch of my fellow cruise passengers busy and out of my way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Different strokes for different folks.  I will happily spend a whole day at Jack's every chance I get and still want to do it again and again.  But, I get it, there are many popular cruise port locations (such as any Margaritaville) that do absolutely nothing for me and are just a place to keep a bunch of my fellow cruise passengers busy and out of my way.

Agreed, my love for St Maartin (Or however you spell it) may seem weird to others. That said, I've been all over GT and never felt unsafe. Get out and spend some time with the locals, watch the kids come home from school, makes you feel fortunate that you came there and get to leave on an ultra extravagant ocean liner.

• Like 1