Meet and Mingle Icebreaker Games

onthewaves

My opinion:  icebreaker games are neither necessary nor desired.  If the group is not too large, having people introduce themselves by giving their name, their CC name, and where they live is sufficient.  If the person wants to add a bit of a travel history resume, that can be interesting as well.  If the group is large enough where some may not be able to be heard, a microphone passed among the group would be desirable.  

• Like 3

One of the M & M I attended a number of years ago was organized by a pre-school teacher who came up with the silliest games, asking intrusive questions and admonished those who would not actively participate. People were very uncomfortable. I organized one event and never again! One passenger showed up in his bathrobe, flying open.....

Darcy

6 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Meet and Mingles are essentially useless events.  Some introductions - but who cares.  

Some times the events result in forming cruise-long friendships that, at times, spill over into weeks, months, and years of friendships.

5 hours ago, WatchHill said:

I organized one event and never again!

Along with a woman guest on my first very long cruise (shortly after I joined CC and learned of the Roll Calls), I was involved in arranging a M&G for our cruise.  Lots of work on the computer communicating with everyone, but, it was enjoyable.  And, the initial meeting was so successful that we met, as a group, additional times during our 64 day cruise.  Some met in smaller groups; lunch groups formed from time to time.  I have been involved with others as well.  Some were equally successful; some were not.  One M&G that I tried to organize, on the appointed hour/day of the meeting:  I attended, I waited 30 minutes and no one else appeared.  I left.  The most disappointing ones that I have tried to attend (not organize) were sailaways at a bar that had too many people.  Couldn't find any CC'ers.  I'd ask "are you a CC roll call member?"  The response would be "what's a CC roll call?"  

On 10/6/2022 at 7:01 AM, Ride-The-Waves said:

Meet and Mingles are essentially useless events.  Some introductions - but who cares.  

It's just a mixer isn't it -- for socializing with fellow CCer's