Entertainment on Koningsdam

darstamp

49 minutes ago, happy4al said:

Just got off the Koningsdam. Food, service are really good. BB King is fine, just way too loud. Rolling stone is lousy, and too loud. Suitable for teens at a rock concert, or adults who think they’re still teens. Pianos not too bad, just not too good. Real problem is the Lincoln Stage, where highly trained classical musicians are forced to play— over and over, year after year— modern  screeching “ classical” junk like creep and bohemian rhapsody. Mozart and Beethoven buried in the afternoon.

Wow...it all sounds a bit "bleak"!!?? 

1 hour ago, LuAnn said:

Not that bad. Just one person's point of view. I guess I resemble "adults who think they're still teens"...pretty disparaging for anybody who happens to like rock music, or was in the business in the 70s and 80s, like I was. Not sure why they need to disparage others of different views. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Hardly bleak...  the band on the Noordam recently was one of THE BEST ever on a ship, and they rocked the room every night. Oh, but yeah... you had to like Foreigner, Boston, the Boss, Kansas, Journey, Phil, Michael etc. If not, then I guess they were "lousy". 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, julia said:

Hardly bleak...  the band on the Noordam recently was one of THE BEST ever on a ship, and they rocked the room every night. Oh, but yeah... you had to like Foreigner, Boston, the Boss, Kansas, Journey, Phil, Michael etc. If not, then I guess they were "lousy". 

Like all of them..and glad to hear so many others have enjoyed the music...I certainly have in the past!! 

• Like 1