Parking At Port of Galveston, TX

dawcruiser

Official Port of Galveston Parking has an Express Lot (fenced) right beside the terminal.  I parked there for a Grandeur cruise last month.  There’s a ramp to roll your suitcases up.  Super convenient. 

Sign up on the Port of Galveston website for parking Loyalty rewards and it will discount the parking a little. .  Use a promo Code SPOOKY to get an additional $15 off if you reserve by October 31.

Edited by ocean sounds
Added

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

For liberty's Oct. 16th We are parking in the Garage. It's right across from the terminal. Go to

https://www.portofgalveston.com/91/Cruise-Parking--General-Information

and pay your fee and you will get a printout with a QR code that will be scanned upon arrival and let you in the garage.

This is also our favorite place to park. I'm sad that it won't be an option anymore once the new terminal opens. It's so convenient to park there and walk across the street without needing a shuttle. (The pedestrian bridge is not in use, unfortunately.)

IMG_9234.thumb.jpg.a290ce78ec5d76b1558edd566c132269.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

(The pedestrian bridge is not in use, unfortunately.)

I'm glad you mentioned that. After looking at several maps I may have made a tactical error in that I see the express lot (not covered) is right next to the Royal Terminal where as the garage ( where I booked and is covered) is more in front of terminal 1. It looks like we will have quite a hike to get across the street and then over to terminal 2. Did you make this walk? How bad was it with luggage? Are there good signs to tell you where to go? First time for us in Galveston.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm glad you mentioned that. After looking at several maps I may have made a tactical error in that I see the express lot (not covered) is right next to the Royal Terminal where as the garage ( where I booked and is covered) is more in front of terminal 1. It looks like we will have quite a hike to get across the street and then over to terminal 2. Did you make this walk? How bad was it with luggage? Are there good signs to tell you where to go? First time for us in Galveston.

The last time we parked here, we departed out of Terminal 1 and it was perfect. However, when we returned, the ship docked at Terminal 2 (Royal’s) and I worried about how far and how difficult the walk back to our car would be. It looked really far when I was standing on our balcony while still on the ship.

Surprisingly, once we made the trek through the terminal to retrieve our luggage and go through customs, the point where we exited the building was pretty close to Terminal 1 and the walk wasn’t bad at all. Even with dragging our luggage along. 

There were police officers directing traffic on both days, which made crossing the busy street no problem.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 1

Thank you for this information. I like to have a good idea how things will work on embarkation day. I'm pretty sure Liberty will be at 100% and it will be lot's of people who don't show up at their assigned arrival times. It will be a mad house.

• Like 1