Embarkation process on Breakaway

getawaygirl

This will be our first time sailing with Norwegian Cruise line.  We have sailed with Royal Carribean and Carnival many times. My question is do they make you meet at your Muster station as soon as you get on the ship? We already watched the "safety video" and did our "pre check in" online, but I was wondering do they sign us off when we go to our muster station? Thanks for any info...

9 minutes ago, getawaygirl said:

This will be our first time sailing with Norwegian Cruise line.  We have sailed with Royal Carribean and Carnival many times. My question is do they make you meet at your Muster station as soon as you get on the ship? We already watched the "safety video" and did our "pre check in" online, but I was wondering do they sign us off when we go to our muster station? Thanks for any info...

Welcome to NCL!

Similar to RCCL. As soon as you embark, they direct you to your muster station. You scan your key card and you're on your way. If you have questions, the staff at the muster station will be there to demonstrate life vests and answer questions. 

NCL will send you a reminder a day to re-watch the safety video on the week before your cruise. They force you to watch it as part of the online check-in. 

If you are interested, there are a few photos from our recent Breakaway cruise on the live post link below

Edited by BirdTravels

5 minutes ago, getawaygirl said:

They will certain expect you to go to your Muster Station to "Check In"!  Once you have done that (only a few minutes of your time) you are free to go about your day.  However, it is still possible that you'll  have to watch the video (yet again) once you are in your room.

1 hour ago, ggTexasGal said:

They will certain expect you to go to your Muster Station to "Check In"!  Once you have done that (only a few minutes of your time) you are free to go about your day.  However, it is still possible that you'll  have to watch the video (yet again) once you are in your room.

They can make you play the video but they can't make  you watch.

• Haha 1

Having been on Breakaway both pre-covid and post I can tell you the new method is light years better.

Old method they shut the whole boat down and made everyone cram into certain areas for the drill.

New method you "watch" the video (it's short enough to watch but I guess they can't really tell) and pretty much as soon as you get on and enter the main atrium you break off and head to your assigned station. At the station someone will be there in the muster uniform like they used to wear during the musters and they'll have a scanner. They scan your card, confirm you've checked in, and then you go about your cruise.

We just did a Carnival cruise last week, theirs was similarly easy only they didn't make you watch a video. Just show up, scan in, and leave.