Free At Sea Plus

AK Dreaming

14 minutes ago, CCruiser08 said:

For those of you who have done the upgrade- Does the Free at Sea Plus incur additional gratuities for bar/dining? I’m assuming it does (hoping to be wrong!) Where are those listed?  It’s kind of a hefty charge for the 10 day Prima Iceland/Norway cruise for 2 people, I do want to know if there are additional fees outside the upgrade charge.

@CCruiser08 The fees are baked into the daily fee for the plan.  Once you pay for the plan, no additional tips or fees will be charged on your cabin portfolio.  The exception is if you order something with an extra fee at a specialty restaurant like Crab Cakes. 

Hope that helps.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

6 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@CCruiser08 The fees are baked into the daily fee for the plan.  Once you pay for the plan, no additional tips or fees will be charged on your cabin portfolio.  The exception is if you order something with an extra fee at a specialty restaurant like Crab Cakes. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks for this answer as I am looking at this same package for the same Iceland cruise but in 2024.  Its a hefty amount but I have a feeling we are going to go with it.

Does NCL ever have sales like RCI on things like this and shore excursions (guessing no) if so maybe waiting for a black friday deal or something would be wise.  This our first on NCL so we have no idea how they do their packages and prices - seem pretty steep so far.

32 minutes ago, GCS2000 said:

Thanks for this answer as I am looking at this same package for the same Iceland cruise but in 2024.  Its a hefty amount but I have a feeling we are going to go with it.

Does NCL ever have sales like RCI on things like this and shore excursions (guessing no) if so maybe waiting for a black friday deal or something would be wise.  This our first on NCL so we have no idea how they do their packages and prices - seem pretty steep so far.

The sales to my knowledge never include these kinds of programs.  They focus on cruises.  I would purchase it now, so it was done and paid for.  If the cost goes down, cancel it and rebook it.  I don't think that is going to happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a cruise booked that I plan on upgrading to the FAS+. Right now, it's my wife and me. We are thinking of adding our son (21) and his girlfriend (19).

1. What would be the charge with the FAS+ if we add them? The premium + will be a waste on him. 

2. If I pay for the upgrade now, for just my wife and me, will they automatically add the charge once I add 3&4 to the booking?

TIA 

5 hours ago, Hutcha said:

I have a cruise booked that I plan on upgrading to the FAS+. Right now, it's my wife and me. We are thinking of adding our son (21) and his girlfriend (19).

1. What would be the charge with the FAS+ if we add them? The premium + will be a waste on him. 

2. If I pay for the upgrade now, for just my wife and me, will they automatically add the charge once I add 3&4 to the booking?

TIA 

Hell of a question. Call the NCL Pre-cruise Guest Services.  This program is to new to know for sure.

On 10/16/2022 at 8:15 PM, Ronaldo807 said:

So I added it online this morning, but then I got an email from Norwegian that my credit card was declined, but the package was not removed. Calling customer service was less than helpful so now I have an email in to my TA to help figure out what is going on. I'm before final payment, but if they are going to just add it to your invoice then why request payment online?

I had a similar experience today with an excursion.  Log into your reservation and click the payment option.  See if the amount due is outstanding.  As soon as I added our credit card info again, it was accepted and shortly thereafter I got email confirmation.  My cc was only charged once.

• Like 1