Long term car parking near San Francisco port

GweninTX

Can anyone please recommend long term parking lot near San Francisco cruise terminal. I have searched with Google and cheapest I can find is $20 per day. We are gone 34 days and looking for cheaper alternatives. Thanks 

4 hours ago, GweninTX said:

Can anyone please recommend long term parking lot near San Francisco cruise terminal. I have searched with Google and cheapest I can find is $20 per day. We are gone 34 days and looking for cheaper alternatives. Thanks 

Probably better to park near SFO for around $13 or so dollars a day.

Is the thread discussing parking for $20 you found? Note the surprise at finding $20/day parking. I seriously doubt you will find cheaper.

We just returned from a sailing from SF where we used the parking near the pier (at 80 Francisco, not immediately adjacent to the pier).  It's still $20/day.  It's still staffed with some level of security. So it met our needs to a tee.  But for a 34 day stay?  I'd run the numbers to compare it to the parking at SFO, being sure to add in  taxi , limo, or cab both ways.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 12:23 PM, SactoSteve said:

We just returned from a sailing from SF where we used the parking near the pier (at 80 Francisco, not immediately adjacent to the pier).  It's still $20/day.  It's still staffed with some level of security. So it met our needs to a tee.  But for a 34 day stay?  I'd run the numbers to compare it to the parking at SFO, being sure to add in  taxi , limo, or cab both ways.

Hi SactoSteve, How did you book the 80 Francisco Street garage? I can't get their webpage to work. Do you recall which web address you used? And is it still run by Impark or someone else? 

Here's what I have... It's ABM Parking.  Try Ronald.Lim@abm.com. They take reservations no more than 60 days before the departure date.

Also, this parking is only available to passenger on selected ships.  The Ruby Princess is one of the select ships.

Edited by SactoSteve
Fixed link
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

If you look at their name and post count, it appears they are from Texas.

Most people don't drive from Texas to take a cruise out of San Francisco, so that was why I asked if they were coming from the bay area.  I did see where they lived & I was trying to be helpful.

15 hours ago, SactoSteve said:

Here's what I have... It's ABM Parking.  Try Ronald.Lim@abm.com. They take reservations no more than 60 days before the departure date.

Also, this parking is only available to passenger on selected ships.  The Ruby Princess is one of the select ships.

Thank you so much! This is really helpful. Funny the Princess website still shows it as run by Impark. 

On 10/20/2022 at 2:49 AM, happy42cruise said:

Most people don't drive from Texas to take a cruise out of San Francisco, so that was why I asked if they were coming from the bay area.  I did see where they lived & I was trying to be helpful.

They do if they are going to Washington state for a quilt retreat!😉

Not to hijack your thread but, does anyone know of a parking lot? Truck they are driving is too tall to park in a garage. If we park at the airport, how long is the taxi, Uber ride to the port? Another option, is there a rental drop off near the port? Sailing March 2023, if that matters. 

We have parked at SFO the past 2 cruises out of SFO at one of the hotels that offers parking and airport shuttle in the past 90 days. We took the the airport shuttle to the International Terminal and took BART into the city. This would be for people who are able to walk to the Princess cruise terminal, its about 20 min walk with our roll on luggage. Bart is $ 10 each person each way and parking is about $ 10 each day. This takes a bit of research and time, but can save money on a longer cruise.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, seekatz said:

We have parked at SFO the past 2 cruises out of SFO at one of the hotels that offers parking and airport shuttle in the past 90 days. We took the the airport shuttle to the International Terminal and took BART into the city. This would be for people who are able to walk to the Princess cruise terminal, its about 20 min walk with our roll on luggage. Bart is $ 10 each person each way and parking is about $ 10 each day. This takes a bit of research and time, but can save money on a longer cruise.

I was looking at doing something like this, but the hotels around SFO have a limit of 10 days to park there and our cruise is 15 days. Are there any that will allow longer parking times? 

16 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

I was looking at doing something like this, but the hotels around SFO have a limit of 10 days to park there and our cruise is 15 days. Are there any that will allow longer parking times? 

The regular parking lots at SFO (we use Anza) have no time limits.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Thank you! Yes if we don't stay at a hotel the night before we might just park at the SFO parking garages. For the long-term one it looks like you take the Air Train over to the terminal? We would probably just catch a taxi from there. 

The airport affiliated parking is more expensive than the non-affiliated parking...by about 25 or 30%. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Ah good to know! Since the Anza parking lot is separate is it still connected to SFO by the Air Train? If not how do you get to the terminals?

No. Anza provides free shuttle service to the airport,  as do the other offsite parking operators. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

No. Anza provides free shuttle service to the airport,  as do the other offsite parking operators. 

Agreed, just check the times as some have limited hours from lots, or hotels to SFO.

If your taking taxi or Uber you can take it direct from lot or hotel, no need to go to SFO.

Might save time and money by doing this.

• Thanks 1