Bus in Hamilton... What can I do with ECV?

smiles998

We are cruising to Bermuda in late October, and one person in our party uses an ECV mobilty scooter for long distances, but can walk short distances. We are planning to take the blue ferry to Hamilton, then head over to the bus terminal to be dropped off at the Bermuda Aquarium and zoo.

I know we are ok taking the blue ferry with the ECV, but what should we do with the scooter while we take the bus to the BAMZ?  I was told that it is hard to find a bus that will accept a mobility scooter, so we are hoping there is a secure place to park the scooter until we come back for it?

I know we are probably out of luck, but any information or recommendations are appriciated. :)

1 hour ago, smiles998 said:

We are cruising to Bermuda in late October, and one person in our party uses an ECV mobilty scooter for long distances, but can walk short distances. We are planning to take the blue ferry to Hamilton, then head over to the bus terminal to be dropped off at the Bermuda Aquarium and zoo.

I know we are ok taking the blue ferry with the ECV, but what should we do with the scooter while we take the bus to the BAMZ?  I was told that it is hard to find a bus that will accept a mobility scooter, so we are hoping there is a secure place to park the scooter until we come back for it?

I know we are probably out of luck, but any information or recommendations are appriciated. 🙂

Unfortunately, your plan won't work. It's an almost half mile somewhat uphill walk from the ferry terminal to the bus terminal. Buses won't take the mobility scooter.

You might consider taking a taxi from the Hamilton ferry terminal to BAMZ.

Edited by njhorseman

On 10/11/2022 at 5:06 PM, njhorseman said:

Unfortunately, your plan won't work. It's an almost half mile somewhat uphill walk from the ferry terminal to the bus terminal. Buses won't take the mobility scooter.

You might consider taking a taxi from the Hamilton ferry terminal to BAMZ.

Thanks for the reply .... I was hoping my dad could ride the scooter to the bus terminal, and then park it somewhere while we take the bus to BAMZ. We would take the bus back to the terminal to pick up the scooter after the bus ride to and from BAMZ.

It looks like the bus drop people off right in front of BAMZ, and there are lots of benches for short rests along the facility grounds.

I was hoping there would be a place to store the mobility scooter somewhere close to the bus station.

13 minutes ago, smiles998 said:

Thanks for the reply .... I was hoping my dad could ride the scooter to the bus terminal, and then park it somewhere while we take the bus to BAMZ. We would take the bus back to the terminal to pick up the scooter after the bus ride to and from BAMZ.

It looks like the bus drop people off right in front of BAMZ, and there are lots of benches for short rests along the facility grounds.

I was hoping there would be a place to store the mobility scooter somewhere close to the bus station.

I doubt you would find a place to store the scooter anywhere, not just in Bermuda.

2 hours ago, smiles998 said:

The bus terminal is a bunch of outside bus bays. I can't recall any place there or around there where you could store a scooter and like njhorseman I doubt that you would find such a place.  

Thanks so much for your input :) .... I will try to find something for us to do around Hamilton other than just shopping. We will be there for a couple of days, and plan to explore the Royal Navel Dockyard on one of rhe days, then head to Hamilton on the other.