Ocean Cay

tofubeast

4 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

I have a few questions..asked on the port of call board but perhaps here is better..

Will be our first time at Ocean Cay and we are staying late/overnight..wondering what there is to do for free (read a review of a parade/lightshow mentioned), and if its an organized thing/event?  Would the idea be you do the beach for the day then go back to ship for dinner/show then go back to the island for night activities?

Also, I have read there is a beach with a net, anyone know which beach this is?

And where the paddleboard/kayaks are, is that sectioned off from sharks etc, or open waters?  Can you rent on the spot day, or must be pre booked?

Finally, is there a beach volleyball net?

Thx!

The light show is an organized event and is free. You could go back to the boat, eat and come back. That’s what we did.  They also have a dance party on the beach and a number of fire pits lit. 

That’s lighthouse beach. It’s the closest beach to the ship.  The lagoon also has a net at the entrances as well I believe. 

not sure about where you paddle board. I believe you can rent day of but it might sell out. 

Not sure about volleyball. Sorry. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jinpasco said:

Do the food trucks have the same food as the buffet area or different choices? Thanks

No, just burgers, veg burgers, sides, brownies, etc.

We haven't eaten at either, but I understand the buffet, with shorter hours than the trucks, has a greater variety of options.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

No, just burgers, veg burgers, sides, brownies, etc.

We haven't eaten at either, but I understand the buffet, with shorter hours than the trucks, has a greater variety of options.

Darn, was hoping for tacos, sausages or something different. No problem I am.sure we won't starve.😝 It will be our first time and just hoping weather holds.enough to be able to dock.

21 hours ago, jinpasco said:

Darn, was hoping for tacos, sausages or something different. No problem I am.sure we won't starve.😝 It will be our first time and just hoping weather holds.enough to be able to dock.

I will say that if you are getting a burger from the buffet or fries, you are probably better off going to the food truck as they cook it then.  The stuff at the buffet is dry as a puck.  

• Thanks 1