On the QE, how is coffee in Britannia?, do they have Chai Lattes in Carinthia?

LB_NJ

Still debating on whether to buy the hot drink package or possibly bring onboard some instant coffee.

Traveling in Britannia on the QE.  Is the regular coffee any good?  Not looking for great, just decent drinkable coffee.

Asking about Chai Lattes because my wife likes those, also wondering if they are on the hot drink plan.  Looked at the posted menu and did not see them listed.

Coffee, not really decent but somewhat drinkable for breakfast in Britannia.

Interestingly, I personnaly found the room service coffee and the one poured by waiters in the Lido to be better.

Worst was the coffee from the machines in the Lido.

Problem years ago and most likely continues is that coffee is made from syrup rather than grounds and depending on the age of the syrup and the maker of the pot it can range from disgusting to passable.

A few small packages of coffee for the room would not be a waste of packing space.

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Undrinkable? Really? Not just dull? Isn’t cappuccino coffee?

Yes, it is made with coffee beans. However, they use different beans, roasted differently, grounded finer, and the espresso is made under pressure.  I have been on ships where I gag after a few sips of the coffee however the cappuccinos and lattes are fine.

3 hours ago, Stella1250 said:

I find the coffee to be basically undrinkable, even in Queens Grill. I just order the cappuccino. It is ok.

Sounds like I will be drinking cappuccinos or lattes.  The only question is if I will drink enough for the package.

Still would like to know if there are chai lattes and if they are covered by the package.