Are all P&O pop groups now called Pulse?

Denarius

Prior to Covid I sailed on AZura in the Caribbean. The pop group onboard was called Pulse. Recently I sailed on Azura ex Malta; the pop group onboard were again Pulse, they were excellent but to me did not seem like the one I had seen two years earlier; personell changes perhaps? But another member then posted re. a recent cruise on Britannia and reported that Pulse were also onboard on their cruise. It appeares likely that our cruises overlapped. Which leads to the question, is Pulse now the generic name for pop groups on P&O ships, just like every fine dining restaurant is now called Epicurian? IT's beginning to look like it.

As Fionboard says, yes they are.

We saw the original line-up on Britannia in 2018; the musical director and guitarist was Mark. The group containing him was on board Britannia (B222) again last month, so it would appear he and his band stay with Britannia. All apart from him and the drummer, I think, there was a different line-up.  They were good, the 70s set and Pink Floyd set being really good.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

As Fionboard says, yes they are.

We saw the original line-up on Britannia in 2018; the musical director and guitarist was Mark. The group containing him was on board Britannia (B222) again last month, so it would appear he and his band stay with Britannia. All apart from him and the drummer, I think, there was a different line-up.  They were good, the 70s set and Pink Floyd set being really good.👍

And the original guitarist was amazing on Britannia in 2015 and 2016 but the group was not the same when he left. Great guitarist in the group this summer though, who backed the Clapton tribute act.

4 hours ago, Red Ray said:

I notice David Julien, lead singer of The Privateers and who I saw perform brilliantly on Iona last year, was singing on Strictly last Saturday. I think the band are currently on Azura.

They were on Britannia the other week and were excellent 🙂

On 10/20/2022 at 11:23 PM, Britboys said:

I didn't rate the Pulse on Aurora last month but others seemed to like them.

I wasnt impressed with the version on Iona last cruise either, although it may have been the material they were asked to perform, which was far too Hard Rock and Rave for my liking.

However the Iona orchestra who backed the various artists on board, including Paul Ruck the excellent Eric Clapton tribute act, and Brian Connolly Jr with his tribute to his father's band Sweet were in a totally different class to the pulse musicians.

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I wasnt impressed with the version on Iona last cruise either, although it may have been the material they were asked to perform, which was far too Hard Rock and Rave for my liking.

However the Iona orchestra who backed the various artists on board, including Paul Ruck the excellent Eric Clapton tribute act, and Brian Connolly Jr with his tribute to his father's band Sweet were in a totally different class to the pulse musicians.

The Clapton tribute on Britannia was one of the best acts I have seen.