Drink Packages

9 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

The sad thing is...I rarely drink at home...yet on cruises I regularly have 7-8 drinks a day. I only feel drunk when drinking champagne. As for other drinks...I can only surmise...they are very weak because I rarely feel fatigued or hung over in the morning! Then again...Im spreading drinks over all day...not partying at night and having numerous drinks in a short period of time

That is how I am too. I do not drink much at home (maybe 1 or 2 over the weekend) but yeah on vacation I let loose. 7 Drinks per day on vacation is not that much if you spread it out. Now if you do all 7 drinks say in a 3 hour span in the evening, yeah that might not be good. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

- If you're a beer drinker, you can save a little by buying a "Bucket of Beer" from the pool bar -- the price varies depending upon the beer you choose, but Heinekin runs about $36 (about $42.48 including 18% mandatory tip for a bucket of five beers.  

I like Heineken's and paying for 4 and getting 5 I have done on other cruises. The only problem with the bucket of beer idea is that there is only one spot to purchase and then you have to carry the darn bucket around with you. If you take it back to your cabin and stock the mini fridge you have to constantly go back to your cabin to grab a beer.

Our cruise has the package for $66pp.  Plus tip, I assume.  With $14 drinks, that’s not too bad.  However, my DH doesn’t drink alcohol, sodas or coffee so even he was only forced to buy the Refreshment package, not worth it for us.  

It is very cruise dependent.  

Crazy to think, for the price I pay for my wife and I to drink on a 4 day cruise I could buy 6 or 7 fantastic bottles of whiskey. I recently booked the Serenade for Feb 18th and paid $68 pp pd.  Today it dropped to $64 pp pd. Cancelled and repurchased.  Just keep an eye on it.