Alaska on Sun with a soon to be 9 year old

njkate

Hi, We did Alaska this past July on the Bliss, ship was great and we had a good time, that said time in ports were short, really short. I am looking to go back summer of 2023 and was looking at the 10 day on the Sun, more time in ports, longer cruise but I'm worried especially on sea days that except for kids club there won't be much for a 9 year old. Can anyone who has sailed the Sun with kids enlighten me.

I also looked at Jewel which does at least have an arcade but I don't want the flying to Anchorage then on flip side Vancouver.

I looked at Encore and ports are slightly different but same issue very short time you are in port.

Not quite the same as what you have planned but in 2016 we did the 7 day Pearl with our then 6yo DD.  She had a blast and loved the kids club.  We were just talking recently and she said she would love to do an Alaskan cruise again.  She was a little jealous that my parents did the Spirit this past fall to Alaska. We did have a Kindle Fire and iPad loaded up up with downloaded shows and other then the train ride to Carcross YT and at night I can't really remember her watching them at all as she was usually busy or otherwise occupied.   I wrote a trip report and the linkis in my signature below if you want to look through it.

Hope that helps

Edited by jimsig
  • Like 1

in 2010 we took our grandson on an alaska cruise on the ncl pearl. he was 11, and had a great time. once we enrolled him inthe kids club, he was in heaven. believe me, your son will probably have a much better time with kids his own age, than any port  or shore excursion  you might take him to

• Like 1