Magnifying makeup mirror on Viking Venus

SAILERIE

1 hour ago, SAILERIE said:

Good morning. Can someone tell me if the is a magnifying makeup mirror in our stateroom?

Thank you in advance

Yes but you have to find it.  In the DV and PV cabins at least, it is in a lift up door compartment in the middle of the desk.  The door that lifts up is the mirror and the compartment has little slots where one can put make up, earrings, camera cables, usb cords etc

23 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

Yes but you have to find it.  In the DV and PV cabins at least, it is in a lift up door compartment in the middle of the desk.  The door that lifts up is the mirror and the compartment has little slots where one can put make up, earrings, camera cables, usb cords etc

Really - I looked for a magnifying mirror but couldn’t find one & I used that desk/slots for my makeup.  We were on Mars in a DV wonder if they’re not doing it on new ships!

4 hours ago, Hobson1754 said:

Really - I looked for a magnifying mirror but couldn’t find one & I used that desk/slots for my makeup.  We were on Mars in a DV wonder if they’re not doing it on new ships!

That is strange.  It was on the Star, Sea, Sky and Jupiter.  I wonder if it was eliminated on the newest ships.  That would be strange since it was a popular feature.

17 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

That is strange.  It was on the Star, Sea, Sky and Jupiter.  I wonder if it was eliminated on the newest ships.  That would be strange since it was a popular feature.

Lorna - it has been on every Viking Ocean cruise we've been on (10) including the most recent one on the Viking Venus this summer.

56 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Lorna - it has been on every Viking Ocean cruise we've been on (10) including the most recent one on the Viking Venus this summer.

I suppose it is possible to open the lid to that compartment, see the little storage sections but not open the lid far enough to realize there is a mirror in there.  Most people expect a magnifying mirror to be in the bathroom just like we prefer to use the hair dryer in the bathroom but cannot.  LOL.  I got tired of our room steward coiling the cord and putting the hair dryer back in the bag so I use one of our wall magnets to hang it next to the desk.  They dont like it when you leave it plugged in so I unplug it.  

4 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

I suppose it is possible to open the lid to that compartment, see the little storage sections but not open the lid far enough to realize there is a mirror in there.  Most people expect a magnifying mirror to be in the bathroom just like we prefer to use the hair dryer in the bathroom but cannot.  LOL.  I got tired of our room steward coiling the cord and putting the hair dryer back in the bag so I use one of our wall magnets to hang it next to the desk.  They dont like it when you leave it plugged in so I unplug it.  

Hi - sorry, are we talking about the large mirror under the lid of the desk?  Yes I knew that was there but I was referring to a smaller magnifying mirror that you would usually find in a bathroom that I definitely need for putting on eye makeup, putting in contact lenses etc.

11 hours ago, Hobson1754 said:

Hi - sorry, are we talking about the large mirror under the lid of the desk?  Yes I knew that was there but I was referring to a smaller magnifying mirror that you would usually find in a bathroom that I definitely need for putting on eye makeup, putting in contact lenses etc.

Yes!  That's the mirror.  I don't use it as i don't wear much makeup but others have referred to it as a make up mirror.  Sorry but I did not realize it did not have magnification.