Shareholder OBC For Cruises After April 2023

mcrcruiser

For our  January 30 ,2024 18  night Hawaii cruise ,we sent the appropriate documentation  to HAL  .We come to learn that they can not apply the $250  OBC to  our 18 night cruise  now ,They asked we resubmit  the documents  in April 2023  .

This is just heads up for those  share holders  who have cruises   [ast April 2023 / apparently the Carnival  Cprp  board of directors meets then & approves  the OBC for the following year

Hmmm.  Well, I have shareholders OBC on all my cruises in 2023 and 2024.  One is a Hawaiian cruise in 2024 and a Mexican Riviera in April 2024.  On both HAL and Princess.

Maybe it's a question of who processes the request?  I thought it was early but went ahead and submitted the paperwork for all of our cruises.  Within a week (on both cruiselines), the OBC appeared in our booking documents.

Officially the shareholder benefit is approved through July 31, 2023 and can only be applied to cruises departing before that date. As we get closer the board of directors will approve this for the next year and you will be able to do it through July 31, 2024. I don’t recall when they usually happens though. Not sure why they would say April. 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Hmmm.  Well, I have shareholders OBC on all my cruises in 2023 and 2024.  One is a Hawaiian cruise in 2024 and a Mexican Riviera in April 2024.  On both HAL and Princess.

Maybe it's a question of who processes the request?  I thought it was early but went ahead and submitted the paperwork for all of our cruises.  Within a week (on both cruiselines), the OBC appeared in our booking documents.

That is interesting, I have always been rejected for cruises after the July 31 cutoff. I wonder if they hired new people who aren’t enforcing this. I now submit mine 2-3 months out given how much I have had to move and change cruises around and cancel and rebook things it just seems easier to wait than to submit 5 times for the same cruise. 

Pro tip, when you email it to world cruise reservations you can call and use the case number in the email (second set of numbers in the subject line) and have them process it. If takes about 20 mins from when you have a case number until they can actually pull it up. I only had to do this once with a last minute cruise I booked. They said they replied and told me my statement was out of date but I never got that and I was about 5 days from departure. Resent it in and called back and they were able to apply it by phone. 

• Like 2