Diamond Princess

willow949

Thank you.

Yes, my wife and I did remain healthy during the trip and the 2 subsequent quarantines courtesy of the Japanese government and the US government.  After 2 vaccines shots and one booster I acquired a mild case of COVID in Jan of this year.

We have since cruised with Princess and will continue to do so.

They treated us wonderfully .... even though one of their ships was first to have COVID on board, it could have been any cruise line, especially those that had stops in Asian ports.

Travel safely.

Jerry

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 11:04 PM, JRice said:

My wife and I were passengers on that ill fated cruise and endured the 2 week quarantine on the ship and a 13 hour cargo plane ride return to the USA, Lackland AFB for another 2 week quarantine.

One of people in our travel group wrote about her experience, from arriving in Tokyo for a pre cruise stay until she and her husband returned to their home after the 2 quarantines.  If you have not read her book, QUARANTINE! How I Survived the Diamond Princess Coronavirus Crises, by Gay Courter, you should do so. It is available on Amazon in ebook and soft cover.  To be 100% transparent, I am an (unpaid) contributor to the book.  My review is on Amazon.  

Thanks for the recommendation . I got it and am almost finished reading the well written book.We, as well as the rest of the world were following along your quarantine journey as it happened. With Gay's daily schedule of talking to News people, I am surprised we never saw her even once on TV while it happened.We watched daily the British couple who was on live every day talking about their experience. I believe it was on Utube and possible Facebook.Gay just mentioned once in her book there was a British couple. Of course she never had any contact with them. I would havethought she would later made contact and included them somewhere . Or possibly others , with a bit of how they survived it.Still, enjoyed her book and the experience you and the other two couples all survived it.

On 10/29/2022 at 11:04 PM, JRice said:

My wife and I were passengers on that ill fated cruise and endured the 2 week quarantine on the ship and a 13 hour cargo plane ride return to the USA, Lackland AFB for another 2 week quarantine.

One of people in our travel group wrote about her experience, from arriving in Tokyo for a pre cruise stay until she and her husband returned to their home after the 2 quarantines.  If you have not read her book, QUARANTINE! How I Survived the Diamond Princess Coronavirus Crises, by Gay Courter, you should do so. It is available on Amazon in ebook and soft cover.  To be 100% transparent, I am an (unpaid) contributor to the book.  My review is on Amazon.  

Glad you survived the ordeal!  I read Gay's book right after it came out and was riveted.  I also favorably reviewed it on both Amazon and Goodreads.  She was a member of a Princess FB group and I had chatted with her after I read it (two-ish years ago)  She recommended a couple of her other books and I've read those too - she's a good writer.

Yes, it arrived in the morning on the same pier opposite the Zuiderdam doing a full turn. Most of the day was spent bringing on a media production crew and equipment well into the evening. Princess is shooting a major commercial there today (Friday). At one point actors will be walking down the pier singing the love boat theme. Unfortunately, I'll miss it. I took the day off to get some pre-cruise stuff done. We will be boarding it on Sunday as passengers.

Diamond.jpg

Diamond 3.jpg

Diamond 2.jpg

Edited by richla
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...