Sky broken down

Lets hope they can get it fixed. Last time I was booked to go on the SKY they cancelled just as we were about to drive to the airport. I'm looking forward to the Asian cruise in April!!!! The last for the Sky!! I'm trying not to get too excited after the disappointment of the last cruise!:confused:
I really feel for you. We were cancelled as well last year but finally got away on a later cruise on Sky. Let's hope the problem will be fixed well before your cruise, so you can get back into excitement mode. Good Luck.

I really feel for you. We were cancelled as well last year but finally got away on a later cruise on Sky. Let's hope the problem will be fixed well before your cruise, so you can get back into excitement mode. Good Luck.

Am at the 'what if our cruise is cancelled' stage, and would like to know whether you were offered a refund or another cruise... Thanks

Ans

Booked on Sky 11 March 06

Am at the 'what if our cruise is cancelled' stage, and would like to know whether you were offered a refund or another cruise... Thanks

Ans

We were cancelled early 2005 and they gave us 20% off a future cruise so long as it was within the next 12 months. I have heard though that for another cancellation (Star's late arrival I think), passengers were only offered 15% off a future cruise. Don't quote me on that one. Maybe someone else is more positive of that particular discount.

[EDIT] We were also refunded in total all pre-paid fares.

We were cancelled early 2005 and they gave us 20% off a future cruise so long as it was within the next 12 months. I have heard though that for another cancellation (Star's late arrival I think), passengers were only offered 15% off a future cruise. Don't quote me on that one. Maybe someone else is more positive of that particular discount.

[EDIT] We were also refunded in total all pre-paid fares.

Did they also refund or compensate for any airfares or pre/post cruise Hotel accomodation that may have had to be cancelled?

Ans

Booked on Sky 11 March 06

Ans, good news, just rang P&O and their Sky recording informs you that the Sky got to KL safely at 8pm last night:( and maintenance is underway and they expect to leave KL at 5pm today.:D

The cruising schedule will be running as normal on Sat 11/3:D :D

Hopefully this is the end of the propulsion problem.

Are you packed at ready to go?

Kerri

Hi Cruiselover when do you actually leave again? I am sure the ship will be fine for us and if not as somebody said better to have mechanical failure on water than in the air. As my husband said last night after the news (maybe we can get an upgrade if we stay in Port Kelang for a week - funny man)

Actually talking about upgrades, do they come through very often before you cruise, or do they occur as you hop on the ship? I know one of my cruises, we got an upgrade when we hopped on the ship, but this time we actually have a cabin allocated.

LHM

Ans, good news, just rang P&O and their Sky recording informs you that the Sky got to KL safely at 8pm last night:( and maintenance is underway and they expect to leave KL at 5pm today.:D

Kerri

Hi Kerri, once again, thanks for finding out, and such good news too!! So glad for everyone who has been looking forward to the cruise and worried about possible cancellation.

Yes, we're more than ready to go. The To Do list is getting shorter every day and being on this forum has been a great help in planning for first-timers like us.

Ans

Hi Cruiselover when do you actually leave again? I am sure the ship will be fine for us and if not as somebody said better to have mechanical failure on water than in the air. As my husband said last night after the news (maybe we can get an upgrade if we stay in Port Kelang for a week - funny man)

Actually talking about upgrades, do they come through very often before you cruise, or do they occur as you hop on the ship? I know one of my cruises, we got an upgrade when we hopped on the ship, but this time we actually have a cabin allocated.

LHM

LHM we leave on the 19th March and cruise on the 25th March. We're doing 14 day cruise.

From what I can gather with regard to the upgrades, some people just get lucky before they get on the Ship:p and others (us) ask when they get to embarking if there's a possiblity of upgrading. We didn't get one on our first cruise, got one on our second and haven't got one on this cruise, yet! Apparantly we have 'run of the ship' options so when we get to board we may get an upgrade then.:D (hope so!!)

Where's your allocation. We've got C176 inside. (bahhh)

Kerri

Hi Kerrie. we have an inside cabin on the Aloha Deck - my husband gets claustophobic, so he has threatened that if we don't get an upgrade to an outside cabin that he will be writing himself of every night - so if you see a 6 ft 5 man sleeping on an outside deck at night that will be him. He went on a 1 week fishing trip once and spent the whole time on the outside deck - refused to go down into the lower cabins.

LHM

Did they also refund or compensate for any airfares or pre/post cruise Hotel accomodation that may have had to be cancelled?

As we live fairly close to Brisbane, we didn't have those extras.

I have a feeling someone told my other half that they wanted Pax to claim against their travel insurance. If that were true I feel someone without insurance would have a fairly good case for compensation against P&O. Again, may I iterate I am not positive that was the case.

Run of the ship options means they can give you any room available whether it be a normal room or a suite!!

The Sky is heading to Penang tonight and Langkawi tomorrow night. Looks like they'll miss Phuket. At least they've not been sent home and are continuing their cruise. Phew!!!!!

Kerri

Hi Kerrie. we have an inside cabin on the Aloha Deck - my husband gets claustophobic, so he has threatened that if we don't get an upgrade to an outside cabin that he will be writing himself of every night - so if you see a 6 ft 5 man sleeping on an outside deck at night that will be him. He went on a 1 week fishing trip once and spent the whole time on the outside deck - refused to go down into the lower cabins.

LHM

on our last cruise LHM we saw many a male asleep outside:D (mostly due to over consumption!!) I'm hoping we also get an upgrade, at least to a window room. I like to have windows:p

Kerri

Kerrie, that is pretty good - fingers crossed for an upgrade. They only had the one available on the Aloha when we booked - leaving it too late I guess to make a decision.

LHM

we also only booked the basic lowest fare but an outside cabin. It really wasnt much more for an outside and i too like to see outside.

we dont have cabin numbers as yet. We are going with friends and they said they would put us close to each other. they do have us on main deck which is a couple of catorgies up from the lowest

LHM

Hi LHM,

I am new to cruising, so can only tell you what my TA told me...(we are booked in an inside cabin on Baja deck). The final date of payment for your cruise is when P&O upgrade those peole who have requested it, as that's when they know exactly whose going or not! We have requested an upgrade if possible although none of us suffer claustraphobia (well not that I know of!)

Cheers

Kerri

I am more synical. P&O tend to leave it to the last minute to tell you the bad news!! I will also but be cheering if I see the ship pull away from the wharf but i find it difficult to take the spin doctors advice from P&O.

Seeing is believing!!

I have finally got the call from TA my tickets have arrived today.....yaaah...only 4 more sleeps till we leave, well all going well with engine trouble on Sky and Qantas maintenance staff that is!!!

Archived