Is there a way to see amenities on the app or on the website?

lixogab

I applied for $100 OBC as RCI group shareholder and got an email saying it was applied to the reservation.

Also, the TA (big box company) is supposed to add prepaid gratuities to the reservation.

Is there a place in the application or on the website reservation to see the OBC and the prepaid gratuity ?

I'm little bit concern about the later and want to ensure it was added by the TA.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, lixogab said:

I applied for $100 OBC as RCI group shareholder and got an email saying it was applied to the reservation.

Also, the TA (big box company) is supposed to add prepaid gratuities to the reservation.

Is there a place in the application or on the website reservation to see the OBC and the prepaid gratuity ?

I'm little bit concern about the later and want to ensure it was added by the TA.

Thanks.

Royal's site --> Manage My Cruise up top.

Personally, I do not prepay gratuities. Why lock in your money 90+ days out if you don't have to? Your TA might only be suggesting it to bump up their cut. A guess, not a fact.

• Like 1

Thanks! I do see the OBC there.

No prepaid gratuities yet. Perhaps will have to call the TA.

The point of the prepaid gratuities was that the TA offered them for free (halyava, sir)  😉

Now, will it work or it was a "bite and switch"? Will see.

34 minutes ago, lixogab said:

The point of the prepaid gratuities was that the TA offered them for free (halyava, sir)  😉

Things like that are usually part of a pass through promo that Royal runs with TA's and you wont see them until you board.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lixogab said:

I must have mis-read your post.

If TA is the one paying the gratuities, you can count on them being added at the very last second possible. Same loan principle, but in reverse.

Oh, do have everything in writing. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2022 at 6:05 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Nothing shows on your account, if you see that no gratuities are added on day one then they are pre paid. Take a copy of the TA perk just in case.

On 10/27/2022 at 5:41 PM, Rysyonok said:

I must have mis-read your post.

If TA is the one paying the gratuities, you can count on them being added at the very last second possible. Same loan principle, but in reverse.

Oh, do have everything in writing. 🙂

Thanks.

I have the TA invoice stating "Complementary gratuities" . Obviously it doesn't mean anything for the cruise line but I hope I will be able to verify it on the boarding date and if it's missing I still have time to call to  the TA. But I hope I will not need it.

1 hour ago, lixogab said:

Thanks.

I have the TA invoice stating "Complementary gratuities" . Obviously it doesn't mean anything for the cruise line but I hope I will be able to verify it on the boarding date and if it's missing I still have time to call to  the TA. But I hope I will not need it.

I will admit never going through a TA just to avoid headaches like this, even if it means missing some incentives.

I'd send TA an e-mail recapping estimate of current incentives' cost for the cruise and try to get their positive response saying they will cover them. And how.

1 hour ago, Rysyonok said:

I will admit never going through a TA just to avoid headaches like this, even if it means missing some incentives.

I'd send TA an e-mail recapping estimate of current incentives' cost for the cruise and try to get their positive response saying they will cover them. And how.

Well, the choice was: book directly with RCCL and get $50 discount or book with a big box online TA and get free gratuity. Hopefully.

In 3 weeks will see how it goes 😉

7 minutes ago, lixogab said:

Well, the choice was: book directly with RCCL and get $50 discount or book with a big box online TA and get free gratuity. Hopefully.

In 3 weeks will see how it goes 😉

I genuinely hope it works out for you 🙂

The only reason I'm a RCCL direct loyalist is an ability to change or upgrade rooms at a whim at 10pm. Or whatnot. I don't believe in extra supply chain links.

Not regularly, as in bugging the poor cruise line every 24 hours, of course 😅