Can you get VIFP days from before VIFP existed?

KyloRen

I cruised with Carnival a lot as a younger child there’s probably 5+ cruises that aren’t listed on my VIFP numbers.

Anyone know if those numbers are able to be collected from before the VIFP Club existed? 

i used to go on the Tropical and Jublille (we used to cruise 2+ times a year) with my parents as a child and none of those are on my record. 

thanks for any advice! 

Edited by KyloRen

Yes, you can get VIFP points for all your past Carnival cruises.  There is a "claim past cruise" button in your profile online.  You submit a form with the proof of your cruises and points will be awarded for it.

• Like 1

All the information you can get to help them identify you as a guest on each particular sailing will help the process go smoother.  Sail date, ship name, booking number if you can find it, but if not, even pictures onboard (or embarkation photo) the ship can sometimes be enough to "prove" it.

ETA: Do you have any souvenirs/memorabilia from the past sailings?  Your Sail & Sign cards?  Carnival Capers?  These in combination with a photo of you and the name of the primary guest your cabin was listed under (I'm assuming one of your parents' names) could do the trick.

Edited by ShakyBeef
  • Like 2

It will take some effort on your part, and maybe some downright sleuthing, but you are entitled to the points if you can prove it.  I have heard of many cases of Carnival being very cooperative in making it work for others.  Good luck.

I had taken a 7 day cruise 40 years ago.  I found a picture which included a Carnival waiter  with his name tag. I was given full credit for it.  I provided the ship, year, month and port I departed from.  It was very easy.

• Like 2

My 2 cents . I used the past cruise button for a 1998 cruise. I wasn't even sure of the year , but I listed the places we went , approximate month and all my family that was on board. 

Took a few weeks , but it was added with no actually photoes etc sent.

• Like 1

I also used the “claim past cruise” button for DH. [Carnival Victory cruise to Canada in 2004] He still doesn’t have those VIFP points to this day.  It’s funny that he booked the cruise as a surprise 1st anniversary trip for me - I got points, but he did not. 🤷🏽‍♀️

We are booked on the Radiance (formerly known as Victory) in a few months. I sure hope he gets these points. 

• Like 1