Anytime Dining on Reflection

NewGrammy

We chose anytime dining for our upcoming cruise on Reflection. We have previously always chosen traditional dining. If I make reservations on the app it does not give me a table size choice, at least not that I see. We prefer a table for just the two of us. Should I make reservations and then request a table for two when we get to the dining room or don't make reservations at all and request when we show up? 

17 minutes ago, NewGrammy said:

We chose anytime dining for our upcoming cruise on Reflection. We have previously always chosen traditional dining. If I make reservations on the app it does not give me a table size choice, at least not that I see. We prefer a table for just the two of us. Should I make reservations and then request a table for two when we get to the dining room or don't make reservations at all and request when we show up? 

Suggestion:

Make a reservation on the App for each night at your preferred time, then, when you check in at the MDR on the first night, request a table for two.

After dinner the Host/Hostess will ask if you would like the same area and Servers for future dinners. It helps them in scheduling, and makes it easy for the Servers as they will get to know your preferences by day 2.

Also, if on any night you decide to go to a Specialty restaurant, let the Host/Hostess know so they don't hold the table for you. (It's just a courtesy to folks waiting for a table).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

Suggestion:

Make a reservation on the App for each night at your preferred time, then, when you check in at the MDR on the first night, request a table for two.

After dinner the Host/Hostess will ask if you would like the same area and Servers for future dinners. It helps them in scheduling, and makes it easy for the Servers as they will get to know your preferences by day 2.

Also, if on any night you decide to go to a Specialty restaurant, let the Host/Hostess know so they don't hold the table for you. (It's just a courtesy to folks waiting for a table).

The perfect explanation of how Select works. Just remember you have no absolute right to a table for 2 or any other size/location. You can however greatly enhance your chances by going to the dining room soon after you board i.e. not waiting until diner and speaking to the Hostess (usually a lady) and asking politely if she can help you.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, the penguins said:

Just remember you have no absolute right to

This topic can turn into more pages than " Who's On Board "-

"no absolute right to ":

Hog lounge chairs, push in line at the buffet, not follow dress code, suggestions or whatever you want to call it, remove gratuities on a lame-duck excuse (my Waiter forgot to bring my 3 shrimp cocktails at the same time), treat Staff as if YOU are the most "Entitled ", and the list goes on.

13 hours ago, the penguins said:

The perfect explanation of how Select works. Just remember you have no absolute right to a table for 2 or any other size/location. You can however greatly enhance your chances by going to the dining room soon after you board i.e. not waiting until diner and speaking to the Hostess (usually a lady) and asking politely if she can help you.  

I have never heard about not having an “absolute right” to a table for 2. We have either been asked the first night when we enter the dining room if we want a table for two or to sit with others. We have also not been asked and were  given a table for two. We should absolutely have every right to sit alone at a table for two if we choose 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

I have never heard about not having an “absolute right” to a table for 2. We have either been asked the first night when we enter the dining room if we want a table for two or to sit with others. We have also not been asked and were  given a table for two. We should absolutely have every right to sit alone at a table for two if we choose 🤷🏻‍♀️

Select dining has a set number of tables in a variety of sizes. If you choose to prebook a time (we always do) you do not have the option to select a table size.  In our experience all the  Hostesses do a wonderful job in allocating tables . However the fact  remains that if at the time you arrive all the tables for 2 are occupied you would either have to share or wait. On most nights there is a long line of passengers waiting to be allocated a table. 

Set dining has the same rules you can request a table size but it is not guaranteed. 

19 hours ago, the penguins said:

Select dining has a set number of tables in a variety of sizes. If you choose to prebook a time (we always do) you do not have the option to select a table size.  In our experience all the  Hostesses do a wonderful job in allocating tables . However the fact  remains that if at the time you arrive all the tables for 2 are occupied you would either have to share or wait. On most nights there is a long line of passengers waiting to be allocated a table. 

Set dining has the same rules you can request a table size but it is not guaranteed. 

We always make reservations because we like to eat around 7 and that’s a busy time. On most of our cruises we were automatically sat at a table for 2 and others we have been asked what we would like. We have never been told no or had to wait.

On 10/29/2022 at 11:06 AM, Purplsmurf said:

We should absolutely have every right to sit alone at a table for two if we choose 🤷🏻‍♀️

Agree---If there are no tables for two available, they will sit you at a table for four and remove two place settings.

We always request a table for two and most often chat with folks nearby---the usual cruise questions---" Where ya from-- Cold up there eh? ", " How many cruises have you taken, How do you like the food/entertainment/service etc, "---

It's all good, until the iphone comes out with 738 pictures of etc, etc.