FYI. Arriving at San Diego Cruise port important information

lais

3 hours ago, beachys said:

I know this is an old thread,  but I really appreciate the information.  We've cruised out of FLL, MIA and NYC and NYC is always chaos! This is our first cruse leaving from SD.

We have reservations to stay across the road at Springhill Suites, I had thought about changing them to the Gaslight district,  but after reading this I think I'll stick with what we've got. 

It looks like there are 2 ships in port on our embarkation day.  Will that effect people flow?

We will be on the Zaandam,  what time will the mdr be open until for lunch? I'm eager to get on board,  but not eager to wait in chaos. 

What is your arrival time? 

10 hours ago, beachys said:

I know this is an old thread,  but I really appreciate the information.  We've cruised out of FLL, MIA and NYC and NYC is always chaos! This is our first cruse leaving from SD.

We have reservations to stay across the road at Springhill Suites, I had thought about changing them to the Gaslight district,  but after reading this I think I'll stick with what we've got. 

It looks like there are 2 ships in port on our embarkation day.  Will that effect people flow?

We will be on the Zaandam,  what time will the mdr be open until for lunch? I'm eager to get on board,  but not eager to wait in chaos. 

The Springhill Suites is a great choice. We did not even need a vehicle to schlep our luggage across the street (just have a bit of patience). The hotel is new, and very nice (we stayed on the Residence Inn side). Gaslamp is fun (go the night before if you can), but you would need a cab or Uber/Lyft to get to the port.

6 hours ago, beachys said:

Our arrival time has not yet been assigned.  We still Match 25th.

Check your boarding pass a few days before and arrival time should be there and in the Navigator. 

2 hours ago, DENIE said:

The Springhill Suites is a great choice. We did not even need a vehicle to schlep our luggage across the street (just have a bit of patience). The hotel is new, and very nice (we stayed on the Residence Inn side). Gaslamp is fun (go the night before if you can), but you would need a cab or Uber/Lyft to get to the port.

I agree, springhill suites is a very nice choice.  I’ve enjoyed my stays there.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 4:45 PM, DENIE said:

Thanks for the information!  We are on the 12/3/2022 Koningsdam cruise and driving over from Scottsdale, AZ and staying at a Marriott property directly across the street.  Looks like we will just be sleeping in and enjoying a LONG leisurely breakfast at the hotel before walking across the street!  🙂

Just wondering where you park at the terminal?

21 minutes ago, DEOJIEMOM said:

Just wondering where you park at the terminal?

There is no parking at the terminal which is located street side.  From what I saw last year, you can pull off the street and stop temporarily in front of the terminal building to drop off passengers