"Nights in Private Places"

cruisinsusin

This popped up when I was doing a google search for something else. I do not see it listed on the current Azamara offerings but it  still can be  found with search function on the website . It appears that is was originally included as a benefit with the Club spa Suite. Was this a casualty of Covid or discontinued even before that? Anyone experience it?

TIA

Edited by cruisinsusin
typo

• cruisinsusin changed the title to "Nights in Private Places"
1 hour ago, cruisinsusin said:

This popped up when I was doing a google search for something else. I do not see it listed on the current Azamara offerings but it  still can be  found with search function on the website . It appears that is was originally included as a benefit with the Club spa Suite. Was this a casualty of Covid or discontinued even before that? Anyone experience it?

TIA

It was hardly offered before Covid and (I cannot remember which one) one of the ships did not even have the "external bed" so it was dropping from view before then - there were always issues with weather and wind and with such late night departures for some a bit much visibility from all around.  It was a lovely idea for a calm no wind night in the middle of nowhere but beyond that it rarely really worked.  (I did hear of one couple who had to come inside because the birds swooping round the ship in the thermals became a hazard in more ways than one 🙂 )

Edited by uktog
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, cruisinsusin said:

TIA

We used spa credit for it on Quest sometime between 2016 and 2019. I asked about it when we were on Pursuit in 2019, and was told then it was only available on Quest and Journey. I haven’t asked since, but it also wasn’t advertised the 4 times we were on Quest this year.

1 hour ago, wjfan417 said:

We used spa credit for it on Quest sometime between 2016 and 2019. I asked about it when we were on Pursuit in 2019, and was told then it was only available on Quest and Journey. I haven’t asked since, but it also wasn’t advertised the 4 times we were on Quest this year.

How was the experience when you did do it ?

8 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

How was the experience when you did do it ?

Liked it well enough that we would do it again. I was disappointed because they didn’t serve the shrimp that was supposed to be part of the meal (I’m allergic to some seafood but they didn’t even check with me-I no longer put my allergies on the forms) and the champagne was not what it was supposed to be.  We liked the service and the meal we had, and enjoyed having the pool to ourselves. I think we ended up going to our cabin during the night because of rain.

• Thanks 1