Vista cruises selling out before open for new bookings

arkansastraveler

40 minutes ago, arkansastraveler said:

I noticed on the two cruises I was going to book today the upper cabins were sold out before the 09:00 est they were opening for bookings. I thought the time was 09:00 est. I saw that by 08:15 est the top 25 cabins were sold out. Assuming it was IT issues

Did you try again at or after 0900?

Perhaps if you tried too early, "sold out" was the automatic response?   Not sure......

I believe  they are open at 8 or 8:30 am

plus agents send their list in prior so the res agents will input those bookings

Just check later or ask to be waitlisted  

things happen before final payment  & people cancel

“Pre-booking” is nothing new. Many O regulars checkout the new crop of cruises during the “preview period” and then provide specific cruise/cabin/O Life preferences directly to the O reservation system via trusted O sales reps including onboard O Club Ambassadors and long serving phone reps (TAs have their own O reps but you can establish a similar connection if regularly booking direct).

Can you or I book direct online at the exact opening date/time? Absolutely. But, I am convinced that the best of those O employees with direct access to the O reservation system have far greater “speed (and experience) of access” than is capable via a web interface.

Our usual practice is to prebook (i.e., request a “hold” for a cruise we found in the preview period) from an onboard O Club Ambassador or our regular O phone rep) and then transfer it to our preferred TA during the 30 day transfer window. FWIW, that’s why we’re currently in one of the coveted four open corner extended B balconies on Marina for four consecutive segments.