Deluxe Oceanview with Veranda cabin on Edge

Donyb

Perhaps this topic has been covered many times but I have a specific question about the cabin we have booked on the Edge. Does the round porthole window open to let in fresh air? Someone elsewhere on this board likened these rooms to a mini sunroom balcony. I hope we can get some ocean air in it. We have an opportunity to bid on a move up to a Sunset Veranda. Any thoughts on those cabins?

Looking at the Edge deck plan I don't see a Deluxe Oceanview with Veranda. I see Deluxe Porthole view with Veranda which is what is pictured in the post above.  There are some video's of this category if you do a search online.  

36 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I'd try for the SV as quickly as possible.  That is a "true" balcony with an amazing view of the wake.  I've been on both deck 9 and deck 10.  Both great.

Good luck.

Sorry, one last question before we bid on a SV. I can see on ship photos that some of the balcony may be visible from upper decks. That is ok but is the area immediately outside the sliding doors covered in any way??

1 hour ago, Donyb said:

Sorry, one last question before we bid on a SV. I can see on ship photos that some of the balcony may be visible from upper decks. That is ok but is the area immediately outside the sliding doors covered in any way??

Yes, it is...at least on the decks I was on.  The balcony is pretty deep (enough for a lounger to fit with room at the foot of it to walk around).  I am very pale so I often pull the “regular” chair close to the glass door for cover.

Hope that helps…and you get lucky with your bid.

Edited by lola2013