Maybe LIVE from Emerald Princess Nov 7 - Nov 23rd

Coral

Glad you enjoyed your dinner at Sabatinis. We went back and forth over whether to try it and in the end never did. The formal night dinner tonight in the MDR was very good. 
We’ve had quite a few lunches in the MDR, and they are always very good about giving us a table for 2 near the back. They don’t even ask us if we want to share. I think there’s a big mark by our names or something, lol.

We’ve been very lucky with our weather this trip and we’re enjoying walking a lot of the outside areas. This ship has a lot of really great nooks and crannies especially on the upper decks outside.

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Glad you enjoyed your dinner at Sabatinis. We went back and forth over whether to try it and in the end never did. The formal night dinner tonight in the MDR was very good. 
We’ve had quite a few lunches in the MDR, and they are always very good about giving us a table for 2 near the back. They don’t even ask us if we want to share. I think there’s a big mark by our names or something, lol.

We’ve been very lucky with our weather this trip and we’re enjoying walking a lot of the outside areas. This ship has a lot of really great nooks and crannies especially on the upper decks outside.

I think all of the Restaurant Managers (formerly head waiters) know I want a table away from people and have honored my request. They see me and put me in the middle of nowhere now. I finally got them trained and am leaving soon! So I have the same mark by my name now also 🙂 I have gone a few days for breakfast. Glad dinner was good tonight.

My waitstaff said that they are going back to Baked Alaska parade tomorrow night again.

They also did the galley tour today. I think they said that this was the 2nd sailing that has done it since COVID with last trip being the first trip for this ship.

We have been very lucky weather wise! I didn't even think to bring sun screen. 

Tomorrow is our last day and then we get to deal with the busiest travel day traveling home 😞

Edited by Coral

For anyone getting on the Emerald on Wednesday - 

1. The ship is in great condition! They were painting the blue area around the Promenade deck where there was rust. They just continue to keep this ship in great condition. She just came out of dry dock about a month ago. Lots of new carpet.

2.  Crew is exceptional! Service has been excellent on this sailing and the crew have been great. Every single crew member has been awesome. 

3. The elevator buttons are possessed. They have a mind of their own and often if you press a number - it doesn't always light up. It isn't isolated to one elevator either. Strangest thing ever.

• Like 1

I'm one of the few people who liked Share and the one and only time we went there was on the Emerald.  We did it as a first night specialty dining perk for full suites.  There was only one other table when we were there and both the meal and the service were exceptional.  We don't think that we would ever beat that experience so we never went back.  And now it is history.

That said, I'm glad it's a Sabatini's again.  You were very wise to avoid the coughers and go early for dinner to get a nice table by the window.  That is a much better view and setting than Crown Grill, that's for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 3:38 AM, LidoLiz said:

Alas, DH tested positive for COVID this morning. (I am still negative). He has a mild but persistent cough that started last night.

We have both had five shots, including the most recent Pfizer bivalent three weeks ago, plus flu shots.

And so our next trip begins, down to Aloha deck. I have opted to stay with him…my other choice was to stay in my cabin, but wear a mask at all times outside of it and no dining venues.

We have packed up what we need (most everything) for the next six days. The med guy was up to check hubby’s vitals (all normal). We are just awaiting the moving crew.

Hope to see Lisbon and the Azores on another trip! 
😷

Sorry to hear about DH; hope he has only mild symptoms. We are on the Emerald in March so  I've been reading the posts here. Should put rapid test kits on my packing list for January on the Crown and for March.

12 minutes ago, cruzmore99 said:

Sorry to hear about DH; hope he has only mild symptoms. We are on the Emerald in March so  I've been reading the posts here. Should put rapid test kits on my packing list for January on the Crown and for March.

Several of us on this cruise did bring our own rapid tests. I took one myself before I flew home.

I hope next weekend to post more on this thread about the trip. There are port pictures that I couldn't post due to crappy internet.

I can tell you that the ship is in great shape and the employees we encountered on the ship were exceptional. I hope you have a great time on both Crown and Emerald.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 5:30 AM, Coral said:

I noticed more people masking up yesterday and also a lot more coughing.

We still wear masks when we go into stores or other crowded places at home (Toronto, Canada). We are taking masks with us for our January cruise on Crown and 29 days cruising in March on Emerald. There is a lot of flu, RSV (virus) and Covid around. I''m enjoying your photos and other posts.