Florida Tropical Storm

Harrisonkid

19 minutes ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Hi Everyone:

I received an email from Celebrity this evening.  This is for those sailing on the SUMMIT out of Miami tomorrow.  Hope this helps.

Safe travels to all of you!

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest, 

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Summit® for your 4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise departing tomorrow, from Miami, Florida. Before you arrive to the pier, we have some important information to share with you.   

Due to Tropical Storm Nicole, the Port of Miami was closed today, however, it is expected to be open tomorrow morning by 9:00AM.

To make your embarkation smooth and seamless we ask that you do the following:

• Please do not arrive early to the terminal or within your selected arrival window. Instead, arrive one hour later.
  •  If you have not completed Online Check-in please do so.
  • If you do not have a selected arrival time and have not completed Online Check-in we ask that you arrive after 12:00 PM.

The ship is still scheduled to sail according to the original itinerary at this time, and all guests must be checked in by 3:00 PM.

The weather may be questionable in the early hours and a shift south could impact arrival and driving conditions. Please drive safely and with caution.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We can’t wait to Journey WonderFULL with you in the Caribbean. We will see you soon!

    

Sincerely, 

Celebrity Cruises

We got a similar email for our sailing on the Apex on Sat.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:56 PM, D C said:

"tropical storm" means it might get a little windy and rainy. Likely not much to worry about unless you're scheduled to arrive shortly before your cruise, in which case earlier will be better.  

Sure…tell that to the folks in Daytona, St Augustine, Jax, and even Delray, Lantana, Port Salerno, Vero Beach and Stuart, where storm surge was monstrous, causing massive flooding, pulling homes into the ocean.  Don’t mess with Mother Nature and don’t assume just because it’s only a Tropical Storm, that massive damage cannot occur.

Edited by capsplace
  • Like 7

40 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Sure…tell that to the folks in Daytona, St Augustine, Jax, and even Delray, Lantana, Port Salerno, Vero Beach and Stuart, where storm surge was monstrous, causing massive flooding, pulling homes into the ocean.  Don’t mess with Mother Nature and don’t assume just because it’s only a Tropical Storm, that massive damage cannot occur.

Spot on.  

Cheers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, capsplace said:

I take your point (and I live in Central Florida), but to be fair, the question was about travel for visitors, not effects on residents.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

I take your point (and I live in Central Florida), but to be fair, the question was about travel for visitors, not effects on residents.

Ok, I’ll give you that, but Tropical Storms can create just as much havoc for travelers.  

• Like 1

We're glad we stuck to our original plan and flew in this evening. The flight from Toronto was relatively uneventful. The captain did warn us that we the roughest air we'd encounter was about midway and true enough right around Virginia we hit it and it really wasn't that rough. 

• Like 2