Cancelling the cruise - refund showing as FVC?

JezzaC

Hi,

I had to cancel my cruise and VV said that I would get a refund for the bar tab and taxes + port charges. Rest I would get FVC. When checking from their website all of that is shown as FVC but with two different amounts. I called VV and they said there should be refund and they did only see one FVC for me (matching to another sum). And their customer service agent wasn't able to explain the reason.

Has anyone of you had similar experience that refunds are visible under FVC when those are handled and then they would disappear?

45 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

unfortunately, keep calling - every time i've had an issue with fare/charges, it's take multiple attempts to get someone who can/will actually fix it.

Now I got response that they are not going to refund anything. All will be put to FVC.

I just send them an email if they really are going to do it. If yes, then I will dispute it with my credit card provider.

Things might be sorted now - it only required 4 emails and 2 phone calls.

First I got email from them after cancellation mentioning only partial sum as FVC. Then after response they confirmed that I will get more FVC and also refund to my bank account. Then I called them as about that weird FVC on my account and was answered I will get a refund as said (and they couldn't explain the FVC). Then I got message that they won't refund anything to credit card, all is FVC. Then I called them and it took 35 minutes but now seems that FVC is correct and they promised me the refund to credit card. At the same time they were trying to clarify my previous email and got response that they have refunded things to my credit card on Friday and I will have same amounts as FVC. 😄

Have cruised with NCL, MSC, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and never had this kind of mess with invoice. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 1:32 PM, JezzaC said:

Have cruised with NCL, MSC, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and never had this kind of mess with invoice. 

Well, at least it got sorted out quickly. Other lines can take months to rectify problems like this.

10 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Well, at least it got sorted out quickly. Other lines can take months to rectify problems like this.

Well it got sorted since I send 4 emails and made 2 long phone calls to correct their error. Seems that customer does  their job for free.

Edited by JezzaC