Ultimate Dining Package

ggo85

Haven’t been on RCCL in many years and bought the UDP for an upcoming cruise.  They automatically booked us for Izumi the first night.  Don’t want to eat there the first night.  We also want to ensure we get our choice of restaurants and times for rest of the week.

Do we have to wait until we board to sort this all out, or is there anything we can do in advance?

Can we eat at the same restaurant every night if we so choose?

Also, is lunch included and how does that work (not that we plan to do many lunches  - can’t eat that much food). 

Thanks in advance. 

It’s super easy when u get on board. Go to any specialty restaurant and they can book you for all the restaurants and times you want. We always buy it. It’s so worth the it to us. We love how quiet and low paced the experience is. Yes you can book same place every night if you want. 

• Like 1

Sounds odd, but yes, wait until you are onboard.  We do this all of the time - in fact, it's a regular thing for us - get onboard, and head to the Windjammer for lunch, and stop by one of the specialty restaurants to book our entire week's meal locations and times - including that first night. They will be expecting a lot of people to do this, so they have staff there. 

On some ships you may have to make your Izumi/Hibachi reservations at the restaurant. Usually I can make all my restaurant reservations at any specialty restaurant. On Symphony I made all my reservations at CP 150 but had to run down to Izumi to make those reservations. Not sure why that is. Most of the specialty restaurants will be open for lunch only on sea days. And yes you could eat every night at Chops if you wanted to.

If in a suite concierge can change first night before, if not no worries just change it when you board. We loved it, yes you can eat in same restaurant every night if you want , most specialty are closed for lunch on port days . I also love the 40 percent off wine bottles under a hundred that you get.