Royal Princess Part 2 Food

Shippy

Food has been a pleasant surprise.

My husband normally hates buffets but we went when we first boarded the ship.

There is the Horizen Court and Horizen Bistro. They are attached to each other and huge with slightly different items.

A lot of the foods were served in individual ramekins or small metal pots. Shepherds pie, little casseroles,etc.

Fresh carving stations, stir fries, etc. unbelievable variety.  Many desserts to choose from and very fancy. All fantastic.

There are pastries served in several different places on the ship, all impressive.

Alfredo’s Pizza, complementary, is wonderful. A sit down restaurant that not only has pizza, but soup, salads, pastas and desserts,

. International cafe, complementary and open 24 hours, has pastries, sandwiches, smoothies, specialty coffees, etc….excellent.

I found Sabatinis to be a bit disappointing both for dinner and breakfast.

Concerto dining room is quite good. Crown grill is excellent.

Trident grill on deck makes fabulous burgers and fries.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Shippy said:

Food has been a pleasant surprise.

My husband normally hates buffets but we went when we first boarded the ship.

There is the Horizen Court and Horizen Bistro. They are attached to each other and huge with slightly different items.

A lot of the foods were served in individual ramekins or small metal pots. Shepherds pie, little casseroles,etc.

Fresh carving stations, stir fries, etc. unbelievable variety.  Many desserts to choose from and very fancy. All fantastic.

There are pastries served in several different places on the ship, all impressive.

Alfredo’s Pizza, complementary, is wonderful. A sit down restaurant that not only has pizza, but soup, salads, pastas and desserts,

. International cafe, complementary and open 24 hours, has pastries, sandwiches, smoothies, specialty coffees, etc….excellent.

I found Sabatinis to be a bit disappointing both for dinner and breakfast.

Concerto dining room is quite good. Crown grill is excellent.

Trident grill on deck makes fabulous burgers and fries.

Totally agree.  We are on this sailing and the food is great.  I think our experience for venues is totally different .  Not finding club class in concerto to be that great.  Service is not as friendly or personable as we thought it would be.  Breakfast in sabatinis for suites as been fantastic with great repeat servers who make us feel special.  Dinner in sabatinis last night was fantastic with really great service.   Room services is fast and great as well! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mina said:

Totally agree.  We are on this sailing and the food is great.  I think our experience for venues is totally different .  Not finding club class in concerto to be that great.  Service is not as friendly or personable as we thought it would be.  Breakfast in sabatinis for suites as been fantastic with great repeat servers who make us feel special.  Dinner in sabatinis last night was fantastic with really great service.   Room services is fast and great as well! 

Our experience not quite as good. Service and servers great but not our food.

We have migrated to the club class restaurant and found the selection and quality better. Service has been excellent but there again…..the ship is more than half empty.

• Like 1