How to status match with another loyalty program to get status with VV

misguy

5 hours ago, raphael360 said:

I have 2 cruises book in the next 2 months.  My 'sailor loot and add-ons' show up for my first cruise when I login via the website login  as: Add-ons: Enjoy these onboard this voyage  (but not in the app).

No such link is showing up on my  second reservation, BUT, I have the email confirmation for this second booking showing all the extras.  I printed the confirmation email for the second in case the add-ons get dropped from the system.  Based on catgetin's post, I'm surely going to call Sailor Support a week out of my second cruise if it doesn't link up.

It is not on our add ons,  so I went in and logged in to website vs. the app and still nothing, so did a chat with sailor services and they said it takes at least a week (it's only been a few days)  thanks

• Like 1

i still have 1 from my voyage this week that made it onto my final folio.  didn't bother checking with sailor services on the way out since my other 3 voyages that had charges for deep blue extras were all eventually fixed between when i disembarked and when i got the folio (those folios took a little longer than usual).  i emailed sailor services, but i'm not going to waste hours tracking down a $10 coffee charge.  annoying, but certainly could be worse!

On 12/23/2022 at 5:31 AM, _tacocat_ said:

i still have 1 from my voyage this week that made it onto my final folio.  didn't bother checking with sailor services on the way out since my other 3 voyages that had charges for deep blue extras were all eventually fixed between when i disembarked and when i got the folio (those folios took a little longer than usual).  i emailed sailor services, but i'm not going to waste hours tracking down a $10 coffee charge.  annoying, but certainly could be worse!

We had a few charges show up on our final folio sailing as mega, emailed sailor services and they took care of everything in a few days. 

I would think it would be easier for VV just to give folks additional bar tab for coffee rather than having to reverse charges.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fogcityca13 said:

I would think it would be easier for VV just to give folks additional bar tab for coffee rather than having to reverse charges.

I agree.  Having to check every few days to be sure things were getting reversed was a bit of a pain.  However, giving you the extra bar tab would mean that you could use it on any beverage, not just the coffee.  I think their intent is to match the complimentary coffee/tea that Royal has on their loyalty program.  Another easy way would be to have it keyed into your bracelet so if you charged at The Grounds Club, the first $10 per day would automatically come off.  Guess it's a problem for their IT department.

Supposedly, instead of a "Shake for Champagne" that  then has to be removed, they are adding $100 bar tab beginning in 2023.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, krisko said:

I just discovered this and uploaded my RCL Diamond status to Virgin.  Thing is the cruise is literally tomorrow, any chance Virgin will match the status with so little lead time?

My guess would be probably not but it wouldn't hurt to call Shoreside Sailor Services and the worst they can do is to say they can't help you.  They do not handle applying the status, but they possibly could mark you for urgent handling tomorrow morning.  Today being a holiday, the back office people might not even be working.

18 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Supposedly, instead of a "Shake for Champagne" that  then has to be removed, they are adding $100 bar tab beginning in 2023.

yep this is correct - they've added this to their sailing club webpage, starting Jan 1, it'll be a $100 bar tab.  not sure if that's departing on/after Jan 1 or literally on Jan 1, but it's up there already.

• Like 1

We very much enjoyed the things we got on Deep Blue Extras on our Trans-Atlantic cruise.  Premium wifi was not available, but we used some hot chocolate/tea from Grounds Club, laundry, cocktail party, etc.   Yeah, we would have paid for that stuff if it wasn't a bonus.  

I guess if I was on a 4 night cruise, I wouldn't care about getting a bag of laundry done, but for 14 nights it was great.  I'd rather have this package than 10% off in one of the shops!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cantgetin said:

I guess if I was on a 4 night cruise, I wouldn't care about getting a bag of laundry done

this actually comes in handy if you're doing a compound trip!  i'm from CA and spent a couple nights in miami before our 12/18 voyage, and then trekked up to NJ to visit family for christmas. i sent laundry away on the 3rd morning - i had dirty clothes from travel and miami and the first couple nights of the cruise - and had it back by the afternoon of day 4.  it was delightful to pack clean laundry to take home vs. having to do it all when we got back this week!