Alcohol in pools?

drevil0208

On 11/15/2022 at 11:47 AM, PTC DAWG said:

The biggest issue with the cloudy water as the day goes on is sunscreen...by far.  

Does it really get cloudy? I imagine everyone would put on the most waterproof sunscreen they can find on the market? Mine won’t come off with regular soap or body wash. It requires makeup removing oil. And even if someone’s sunscreen is not waterproof, it would take a lot of sunscreen to make the water look milky.

30 minutes ago, Moochi said:

Does it really get cloudy? I imagine everyone would put on the most waterproof sunscreen they can find on the market? Mine won’t come off with regular soap or body wash. It requires makeup removing oil. And even if someone’s sunscreen is not waterproof, it would take a lot of sunscreen to make the water look milky.

The sunscreen is always a big problem.  Although some part of the sunscreen may stay on your skin, there is a portion that will dissolve into the chlorinated water.

On 11/14/2022 at 1:55 PM, drevil0208 said:

Just wondering, are you allowed to bring alcoholic beverages into the pool with you?

When I sailed on NCL a few months ago they had this rule, which I thought was ridiculous. 

I’m pretty sure every other cruise I have done prior to that (including NCL), did not have that rule. 

From the newsletter on my cruise on the Millennium which disembarked last week:

Pool-Drinks-Celebrity-Millennium.thumb.png.33a876cdb821b5896d62bf71f710c05a.png

It doesn't look like a hard and fast rule, just a guideline.  

• Haha 1

We usually spend 3-4 hours sitting at the edge of the pool (or occasionally in it) and had no problems with drinks.  Never really tired taking them in the pool with us but have seen others do it.  My pet peeve with Celebrity is they do not have beer in aluminum bottle like Royal does so all beer goes in a plastic cup which doesn't keep it cold very long.

I was on the Summit for a Bermuda cruise in August.  We were watching the Guest Volleyball game and the pool water was like soup.  Between the sunscreen scum, hair, spilled pina colada and whatever else was in there, it definitely reinforced only using the pool showers to cool off with.