Equinox Sunset Veranda Cabins

cluso

Hello Cruisers,

We have sailed on all the M and S class ships, mostly in S16's and angled balconies.  For a change, we are looking at the Equinox and Sunset Verandas.  We have been on a few Cabin Crawls, but I think we just saw the Family Verandas.   Are the Sunset Verandas the same CABIN size/layout as regular cabins?  I am assuming the verandas are larger.  I could not see any cabin sizes on the S Class Sticky.  What are the better SV decks or any other wonderful information?  I believe you cannot look straight down at the water, but the rear views must be great. 

Happy Sailing! 

We just got off Equinox Saturday -wife & I had a sunset veranda on 7. Our kids had a regular veranda on 8.

I believe the verandas are the same size. the main difference is that the SV only has a partially covered roof above, which is great for suntanning but not so much for privacy. When sitting in a chair, you were looking down at the water - it was a great panoramic view. When standing at the railing looking down, I was looking at balconies below and the rear of the ship for the first 30 feet or so (it seemed), no big deal). About the back third of the balcony closest to the sliding door has privacy. If you are standing at the railing, everyone can see you from above.

The only difference in room layout that I recall was that the bed just in front of the sliding doors in the SV room, whereas the bed was in the middle of the room in the regular cabin. Pretty sure the cabin square footages were otherwise the same.

Edited by Booth44

Bed placement alternates between close to the balcony or bath.  I will be in 8344 on Equinox in February which has the bed next to the balcony, which is my preference.  The 2 balconies in the center of the row are a bit wider than the others.  The rest of the cabin is the same as a standard balcony cabin.

You can’t go wrong in any SV 😎.

Enjoy!
Susan 

Edited by lola2013