Carnival Venezia - May 29, 2023 Transatlantic

mik0227

On 2/12/2023 at 10:08 AM, gortfamily said:

Thank you! Packing will be tricky as we are doing a weeklong trip by car around the Pyrenees the week before.  🚗

I understand. I think there are 2. Just pack a knit black dress and change up the necklaces or take lite weight Kimonos and throw on top of dress. 

On another note, do you have a tour in mind in Malaga, we are going to Ronda and Mijas. It’s a small group of minimum of 14 and max 18. They will pick up from the port. It’s 69 euros. 
if interested, please check it out on: 

www.spaindaytours.com

• Like 1

Hi all, we are going in Malaga on a day tour  to Ronda and Mijas. The tour company will pick us up from the port. The price is 69 euros per person. 
it’s a small group of 14 and max of 18. 
It is going to be beautiful because Ronda is located on top of a mountain. 
if interested please go to: 

www. Spaindaytours.com

look under shore excursions and go to Malaga. T check Ronda and Mijas tour and sign up. 
We have a great group so far but we need 4 to 5 more people to go on the tour. I think you will not be disappointed! 

On 2/13/2023 at 2:21 PM, Gbaladad said:

I understand. I think there are 2. Just pack a knit black dress and change up the necklaces or take lite weight Kimonos and throw on top of dress. 

On another note, do you have a tour in mind in Malaga, we are going to Ronda and Mijas. It’s a small group of minimum of 14 and max 18. They will pick up from the port. It’s 69 euros. 
if interested, please check it out on: 

www.spaindaytours.com

Great idea with the kimonos-thanks!  We have never been to Malaga, so we are looking forward to exploring the city at our own pace.  We would consider a tour if we had 2 days in Malaga.  Thanks for letting us know about the tour.

Hi, everyone!  My husband and I are booked on this TA and looking forward to it!  Haven't sailed Carnival in many, many years but the Venezia and this unusually timed TA convinced us to try it.  It should be a wonderful trip....we love TAs.  Now to get checking on shore excursions.  Have been to all the ports several times with the exception of Gibraltar and Lisbon.....can't wait! 😊

• Like 1

We have a small group, 14 to 18, leaving the port of Malaga to Ronda and Mijas. It will pick us up and and drop us off at the port. It’s 69 euros per person.

If this tour may interest you, you can register with www.Spain day tours.com

I sounds like a lovely tour. 

• Like 1

I am taking Virgin's Valiant Lady from Miami April 22 to Barcelona then will spend three weeks in Florence and environs. My return to North America will be on Carnival Venezia. Thanks for the ideas shared in this group! Hello to the Canucks on board! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jazzybaz said:

I am taking Virgin's Valiant Lady from Miami April 22 to Barcelona then will spend three weeks in Florence and environs. My return to North America will be on Carnival Venezia. Thanks for the ideas shared in this group! Hello to the Canucks on board! 

Not a Canuck, but we're doing the same thing (well, sort of).  Princess FLL to London, then Carnival Venezia back.  Where, oh where, to spend 3.5 weeks in Europe? 😄  Still working on coaxing my partner to try the 10-day MSC Ireland/Scotland cruise inbetween.  Of course, hanging out in Barcelona (maybe the flamenco cave guitarists?) or seeing Poland or Italy would be great, too.  So many possibilities.

After seeing the Venezia video, I'm excited to be on it.

Hello -  Looking for a half day excursion in Lisbon?  Hoping to have a small group through www.SpainDayTours.com

You can check it out on their site.  Email them with questions.  If you want to join us, ask to join the group "Jeri" started.  They send you instructions on registering and payment options.  

LISBON --- half day group shore excursion

- Date: June 2, 2023

- Total number of visitors in the group: 14-18 persons

- Pick-up point: Lisbon Port

- Ship: Carnival Venezia

- Meeting time: 10:45 am – 10:59 am

- Departure from port: 11:00 am
- Drop-off location: Lisbon Port

- Duration of tour: 4 hours

- Price: 65 Euros per person (Kindly note of the updated price: 69 Euros per person. This will be applicable to new sign ups)

- Type of tour: Shared tour of 14-18 persons

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 3:13 PM, jazzybaz said:

I'm doing both of these cruises as well but I am flying home to NYC then going back to Barcelona three weeks later.

Denise aka Denny

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 4:57 PM, Incognito1 said:

Wow.  Just went to change my dining time and NONE are available to change.  Must be filling up.  Also, Cucina, Asian Kitchen, Chef's Table, and Dr. Suess Bfast are ALL sold out.  Hoping the $48pp charge for the steakhouse is worth it.

The steakhouse dinner is always a really great meal with excellent food and service.  You will enjoy it I'm sure.  This will be a wonderful trip on a really unique boat for Carnival.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2023 at 5:25 PM, lettienets said:

Booked in late Dec and finally got here to check in. Hi! Looking forward to my first cruise since the beginning of covid. 🙄

Hello to maryann2 Mary, Froufie Janet, nwcruiselover Nancy and repogirl49 Julie. Have to get used to our old names. It has been awhile!

And TravelerK Karen I think we have met before too. I would like to know about the 1898 Hotel. 

Seems like a very small roll call though I understand there are others talking on social media. Looking forward to this TA.

The ship looked beautiful on the Carnival zoom I watched with CEO Christine Duffy.  Lots of European flair. Gelato!

To all others, hello! Looking forward to meeting you.

lettienets Lettie or Loretta

Hi Loretta,

I think we cruised together on a Princess cruise to  Greenland and Atlantic Canada.  I happened to be looking at this board since I am tempted to book this cruise.  I love doing a TA, I did the Celebration last Nov which was a great cruise.  Would be great to cruise with you again.

Karen

Hello!

I just booked this sailing for five people.    We are from NY, MD, and DC.  I have made several transatlantic sailing trips and enjoy the sea days.   I'm currently researching hotels for a 2-night pre-cruise stay.  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Linda

• Like 1

We were surprised at how expensive Barcelona is.  Finally decided on staying a little further out and taking the train in.  We got a senior rate at HIE Molins De Rei for 90 euros. 30 min bus ride, and then a 20 min walk downhill to the terminal.  We figured on leaving early, then having a leisurely walk to the Cathedral and a few sites in the area.

wow, all booked.  Did air and hotel and  booked the cruise that I had put on a hold.  Yikes took hours to find hotel with so many already sold out or more than I wanted to spend. 

Looking forward to meeting the other solos.

Any one interested in doing a precruise dinner in Barcelona?

Hi all. from Montreal Canada here. All booked! First TA. Wife and I are thinking not to book any tours but just to walk around the towns and enjoy the cities/people/food/traditions.  Too often we over pay for tours and in a couple of years you never remeber the details anyways lol

have a great trip!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisinhabsfan said:

Hi all. from Montreal Canada here. All booked! First TA. Wife and I are thinking not to book any tours but just to walk around the towns and enjoy the cities/people/food/traditions.  Too often we over pay for tours and in a couple of years you never remeber the details anyways lol

have a great trip!

Welcome aboard - I grew up in Montreal!!! - now living in Ottawa - hope to see you onboard! 🙂

14 hours ago, cruisinhabsfan said:

Hi all. from Montreal Canada here. All booked! First TA. Wife and I are thinking not to book any tours but just to walk around the towns and enjoy the cities/people/food/traditions.  Too often we over pay for tours and in a couple of years you never remember the details anyways lol

We will probably do the free pineapple plantation tour in Ponta Delgado https://ananasdosacores.pt/ No charge at all (unless you do it through the cruise line), but guests are encouraged to buy something in the cafe or gift shop to keep the tours free.  About a mile from the dock.

We're considering the Malaga Experience for $35pp (if paid in advance), mostly for the Flamenco Show and the HopOnHopOff bus.  https://city-sightseeing.com/en/24/malaga/3309/malaga-experience  It's $109pp through Carnival.  

On 3/8/2023 at 8:17 AM, cruisinhabsfan said:

have a great trip!

Hi we’re from Montreal also. We are also thinking of just walking around and enjoying the sights and sounds. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tonythewop said:

Hi we’re from Montreal also. We are also thinking of just walking around and enjoying the sights and sounds. 

MIght need to do a canuck/montreal get together!  LOL.

Still investigating excursions but very interested in some whale watching in the Azores!  https://www.getyourguide.com/sao-miguel-island-l1663/sao-miguel-azores-half-day-whale-watching-trip-t389227/

21 hours ago, Froufie said:

MIght need to do a canuck/montreal get together!  LOL.

Still investigating excursions but very interested in some whale watching in the Azores!  https://www.getyourguide.com/sao-miguel-island-l1663/sao-miguel-azores-half-day-whale-watching-trip-t389227/

Yup quite a few Canuck’s Montrealers on this cruise! Maybe we can have our own dining room! Lol

On 3/8/2023 at 8:17 AM, cruisinhabsfan said:

have a great trip!

More often than not, we do the same. I think you get a better feel for the city/town you're in.

• Like 1