Testing Positive to Covid on Embarkation Day

Stuartm

I'm sure I could find this on the Princess website but thought it easier to ask in the forum.

If two people are booked in the same cabin and one of them tests positive for covid on the morning of departure and is denied boarding, do both qualify for a FCC? Obviously in some cases the healthy person may wish to continue with the cruise but I imagine in most cases that would be unlikely. Just trying to work out Travel Insurance so need to make sure I know what we are covered for. 

thanks you 

Stu

1 hour ago, Stuartm said:

I'm sure I could find this on the Princess website but thought it easier to ask in the forum.

If two people are booked in the same cabin and one of them tests positive for covid on the morning of departure and is denied boarding, do both qualify for a FCC? Obviously in some cases the healthy person may wish to continue with the cruise but I imagine in most cases that would be unlikely. Just trying to work out Travel Insurance so need to make sure I know what we are covered for. 

thanks you 

Stu

We were booked on HAL. 17 days out DW tested +. I tested + 5 days later. 7 days out I was still testing + so cancelled cruise. Accepted that the cancellation fee - about 3/4  of the fare- would be converted to a FCC. At no time was I asked about the other traveller on my booking. The cancellation fee was the combined fare. If this helps.

BTW, if I had realised that the FCC could take some time to materialise (they state 3-6 weeks but I fear it could be much longer) I would have activated our Travel insurance. But I was too keen to ensure we got a credit for the "unused" insurance.

According to Princess website if you test positive you and your family members or close contacts will not be permitted to board. you and youe travelling party will be entitled to 100% FCC.  Havn't mastered the link but can be found under Cruisehealth FAQ Sailing Aust. and NZ

13 hours ago, robncruise said:

According to Princess website if you test positive you and your family members or close contacts will not be permitted to board. you and youe travelling party will be entitled to 100% FCC.  Havn't mastered the link but can be found under Cruisehealth FAQ Sailing Aust. and NZ

Thank you Robncruise. I followed your directions and found the information I was looking for. 

cheers

Stu