Port Everglades - oh the joy...

Tom-n-Cheryl

Guest 4-2-N-8
2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

But of course 😁

*this was intended as humor, in case a fuddie duddie (or two) might take it as an offense. 🤓

3 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

I'll have my man servant drive me, along with a teensie weensie jar of Grey Poupon mustard! 🛺

WOW, you make him work long hours.  We give ours time off once we get from the airport to the mansion and from the mansion to the port.

Guest 4-2-N-8
6 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

WOW, you make him work long hours.  We give ours time off once we get from the airport to the mansion and from the mansion to the port.

😅

On 11/26/2022 at 11:01 AM, cruisingator2 said:

Yes I do but as you stated I was responding to another’s posters comments but thanks for giving “your” opinion on Miami. 🙄

You are welcome. Miami is a breeze. I am sure I am not the only one that thinks that Miami is one of the easiest ports in Florida.

On 11/22/2022 at 10:17 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We've done that many times in the past, but it partially negates the "living in central Florida" advantage. By the time we stay at a nice hotel, maybe add in valet, a couple of meals - it might add in a good $300+. Plus, there's the added hassle factor associated with having to also pack for a hotel stay.

We were on the fence, but decided to drive this one on the day of. That turned out to be a good call, as we had a 10am showing of our home, which added in some other complications.

Agreed - we try to stay at Hard Rock Hollywood - I utilize tampa to try to get comped room but it doesn’t always work out - as it’s a 3 1/2 hr drive for us ( we have I 4 Disney traffic challenges😔) Glad to say I got it booked for the night before our Beyond trip so I am not stressing being at port as early now. (Miami parking has never been an issue - but was stressing your car park full scenario if we drove the same day)

• Like 1

Back on topic. Does anyone have any personal experience getting from Terminal 29 to the "PALM" garage at the end of a cruise. I know that there are shuttles but is it a madhouse or orderly? Are there other ways to get there?  

ps Shuttles make me nervous. I was on a shuttle some time ago and someone took our luggage by mistake(?) and we never saw it again. I vowed that I would never take a shuttle again but I am afraid that I will have no choice.

Thank You.

We arrived to pier 29 on the 20th in pouring rain. A lot of people said their clothes were wet when their bags arrived. We disembarked on the 27th around 9:30. We were in a suite and were hanging out in Michael's club but I think we waited too long. After more than 6 attempts to get an Uber or Lyft we were finally picked up close to 10:30. The car apps would just spin for at least 2 minutes and then come back and say "no drivers are available". I've never had that issue before. The captain said Reflection was sailing at 90% occupancy. The post covid crowds are back in full force.

Happy Ending...

So, two weeks goes by in a flash (as does two months, years, etc)! Getting off the Reflection this morning, it was nice to see that the skies were clear 🙂

We left the ship, heading towards baggage pick-up, at 7:30ish, amongst the first off who were not self-assist. We easily located our 3 bags and rounded up a porter. Swiftly through customs and out into the real world we went.

I left Cheryl with our bags as I went to board a shuttle to the parking garage. Prior to getting on, I heard the woman (who seemed to be somewhat coordinating the parking garage shuttles) say "everyone here for the Palm Garage". I assumed she meant both garages (Palm, and the overflow Northport/Convention Center garage), but I asked to make sure.... Nope, these shuttles are only for the Palm Garage. I mentioned that I had parked at the Northport garage two weeks ago during the storms. She said "OK, let me work on that - wait over here". Within 5 minutes I saw her go over to one of the shuttles which was in queue, speak to the driver, then switch with them, getting into the drivers seat and pulling it up to the curb just for me! Off to Northport in a private shuttle bus, lol.

Once there, the place looked familiar from two weeks ago, with one exception... NO PEOPLE! Much less hectic, compared to my earlier cluster photo 🙂

i-xMNR5xr-XL.jpg

Now, I recalled the general part/side of the garage where I had parked, but I was not sure if I was on level 2 or 3. With nobody else needing the elevator, I stopped on both to lookout. Let's just say that it was easy finding my vehicle!

i-TSD3Xsd-XL.jpg

But wait, there's icing for this cake...

I had my parking ticket, printed two weeks prior. I suppose that the automated exit payment booth is not configured for people staying for two weeks at the convention center parking. When I scanned the ticket, the display said "Invalid ticket". I thought, "oh no, there's nobody here to help with this and the gate won't open, and it's a Sunday morning". Fortunately there was a help/call button at the payment booth which I pressed. Within a few seconds I explained the situation to the person who answered. She asked me to read her the ticket number, which I did. She said "Ok, Thanks, have a nice day", and the gate opened... no payment required apparently! So, for all my troubles on 11/20, I managed two weeks of free parking and a private shuttle. The sun always comes out! 🙂

By 8:10 we were on the road.

Tom

What a lovely story!  Isn't it wonderful when people (like your bus driver) go out of their way to help.  I think those are the people who enjoy their job instead of just putting in the hours to receive their paycheck.

Glad your cruise ended well.

• Thanks 1